Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Interviews with ex players - BWFC Remembrance Group

alpeters59

• The topic was pinned
17 hours ago, alpeters59 said:

Great forum this, we have started to do live q&a live streams with ex players feel free to come along and have a look if you could like and subscribe be a massive bonus thank you. COYFWM 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfyTcE2K5u-vczZ9F2KKkAA

Did not know anything about this group till i saw this link 

Found all the remembrance videos that you have put on you tube 

On one of the recent compilations I spotted 2 "faces" I know from away games , that have only very recently passed away

and it brought back memories of quite a few I have had a beer with over the years  

Its very moving and what you are doing is a cause that is worth supporting and will be close to the hearts of many on here 

5 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Did not know anything about this group till i saw this link 

Found all the remembrance videos that you have put on you tube 

On one of the recent compilations I spotted 2 "faces" I know from away games , that have only very recently passed away

and it brought back memories of quite a few I have had a beer with over the years  

Its very moving and what you are doing is a cause that is worth supporting and will be close to the hearts of many on here 

I appreciate that and your all more than welcome we can be found at www.bwfcrg.co.uk explains on there what we are all about and what we do

6 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I’ve only seen the Chandler one so far. Will catch up.

Cant imagine Isgrove, Delaney & Gilks been held in such high regard in my mind as Chandler, Came and Felgate

We are re doing Jeffs as he was our first stream and we did not cover everything it will be on Febuary 13th this Sunday 31st at 11am we Have Tricky Trev a lot of the ex players are members of We are the one and only wanderers on facebook and chat regular come say hello.

On 25/01/2021 at 14:38, alpeters59 said:

Great forum this, we have started to do live q&a live streams with ex players feel free to come along and have a look if you could like and subscribe be a massive bonus thank you. COYFWM 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfyTcE2K5u-vczZ9F2KKkAA

Crikey recognise quite a few on there , bit of a choker really.

Will get my best pal on it sadly passed last year.

• Site Supporter

Brilliant that, just brilliant, I will watch everything on there in the next few days.

Watched the Jeff Chandler interview, absolute quality, loved it when Twiggy? asked him if he remembered having a knock around on Haslam Park in the early 80s.

Can't believe I'm older than Twiggy though.

13 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Brilliant that, just brilliant, I will watch everything on there in the next few days.

Watched the Jeff Chandler interview, absolute quality, loved it when Twiggy? asked him if he remembered having a knock around on Haslam Park in the early 80s.

Can't believe I'm older than Twiggy though.

we are re doing Jeff one as he was our first and we didnt cover everything

20 hours ago, alpeters59 said:

I appreciate that and your all more than welcome we can be found at www.bwfcrg.co.uk explains on there what we are all about and what we do

i have a couple of popular groups on there We are the one and only wanderers is one of them got around 7 ex players in there as well who join in with the crack and the Bolton Wanderers Remembrance Group

On 25/01/2021 at 23:41, dusan nikolic said:

Listened to the Felgate & Came one's  at the minute . Really enjoyable hearing from the players who played for us in my first years.

We have got a lot booked in and we are trying to get players of all eras, Mike whitlow is after Trevor Morgan who is on this sunday.

2 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

I worked with Felgate at Axfords and if he tells half the stories he told to me then that show is a must listen. A top guy. 

Reall nice bloke he is currently working for Liverpool, He also won a premier league and league cup medal with Cityi have some pictures but no idea how to attach.