Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Interviews with ex players - BWFC Remembrance Group

alpeters59

14 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Brilliant that, just brilliant, I will watch everything on there in the next few days.

Watched the Jeff Chandler interview, absolute quality, loved it when Twiggy? asked him if he remembered having a knock around on Haslam Park in the early 80s.

Can't believe I'm older than Twiggy though.

Thanks very much and yeah Twiggy is an old fart now :lol:

On 26/01/2021 at 08:29, Benny The Ball said:

Did not know anything about this group till i saw this link 

Found all the remembrance videos that you have put on you tube 

On one of the recent compilations I spotted 2 "faces" I know from away games , that have only very recently passed away

and it brought back memories of quite a few I have had a beer with over the years  

Its very moving and what you are doing is a cause that is worth supporting and will be close to the hearts of many on here 

We run a charity to help our own be it funerals wreaths mental health etc check our web site @ www.bwfcrg.co.uk explains on there what we are all about we have John McGinlay and Tony Zico Kelly as presidents.

Edited by alpeters59

3 hours ago, alpeters59 said:

If any of guys or gals want to ask Trevor Morgan a question this Sunday Pop a ? in here ill also give the forum a plug as well if its ok with the admin. 

How did he feel about Hugo Sanchez continually copying his somersault celebration from the Sherpa Van Final?

• Site Supporter
On 27/01/2021 at 11:12, alpeters59 said:

We run a charity to help our own be it funerals wreaths mental health etc check our web site @ www.bwfcrg.co.uk explains on there what we are all about we have John McGinlay and Tony Zico Kelly as presidents.

Watched a lot of stuff off here over the weekend and just caught up on The Trevor Morgan interview. Well done lads, doing a cracking job on 2 fronts, bringing the ex-players in for interviews and more importantly remembering those BWFC fans who have passed away. Keep up the good work 👏

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, desperado said:

Watched a lot of stuff off here over the weekend and just caught up on The Trevor Morgan interview. Well done lads, doing a cracking job on 2 fronts, bringing the ex-players in for interviews and more importantly remembering those BWFC fans who have passed away. Keep up the good work 👏

As Twiggy would say..... Spot on 😊

17 hours ago, desperado said:

Thanks mate

• Site Supporter

You will need to bed down when Reidys on, the lad likes a good chinwag 😁. Fantastic player & bloke... & a decent manager too. He would have been remembered as one of England's finest players  of his era if it wasn't for injuries. 

Edited by RONNIE PHILLIPS

17 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

An interview with Mario Jardel would be good, he could lift the lid on how he managed to kid so many people that he was a footballer.

Steady on.

He was an absolutely incredible goalscorer.

We just got the man who had eaten Jardel.

• The topic was unpinned