Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Interviews with ex players - BWFC Remembrance Group

alpeters59

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

A good mix from the ages would be good. Colin Hendry is local and would no doubt oblige, people like Campo, Holden, Gudni and Klasnic who often respond to twitter posts too.

I'm sure the lads have their plans. It's a great start by them and to be honest, feels like a knitting together of the clubs support. 

I love seeing people pulling in the same direction for the good of the club

He’ll be in the Taps at Lytham, first day it reopens.

2 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Whitlow was superb. Not the most gifted but solid. WSL ultras rated the Whits.

Doubt we’d have even signed him if it wasn’t for Robbie Elliott’s broken leg (if I’ve got my timeline right). The renaissance he had in his later years under Allardyce - along with Bergsson, Charlton and, to a certain extent, Hendry - was unreal.  

9 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Doubt we’d have even signed him if it wasn’t for Robbie Elliott’s broken leg (if I’ve got my timeline right). The renaissance he had in his later years under Allardyce - along with Bergsson, Charlton and, to a certain extent, Hendry - was unreal.  

Hendry was one of the hardest c/h I've seen. Run through brick walls that man. Every team neads a Hendry.

21 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Hendry was one of the hardest c/h I've seen. Run through brick walls that man. Every team neads a Hendry.

As much as Matt Clarke gets a lot of (deserved) credit for coming in to the side when Jussi got injured, signing Hendry just before Christmas and then playing virtually every game was inspired. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Underpants said:

Players come and go. Never to be remembered. Ask RS if he ever realised he was a cult figure at Bolton Wanderers. His name, a bit like Wilbrahams, will be carved in the memory of Wanderers fans of a certain age.

I reckon he got some idea that Sunday afternoon after the Tranmere game 😁

2 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

Hardest c/h ive seen was Chris Fairclough silent but rock solid. What a tough pair him and Taggart were. Everyone remembers Ged as a no nonsense guy but Fairclough was hard as nails as well

Absolutely spot on