Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Interviews with ex players - BWFC Remembrance Group

alpeters59

5 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

Fantastic of the lads who have done that . I would of gladly contributed to the flag if I had known about it . 
Remember my grandad telling me he was on the Manchester road end that day and the crowd was that large they were  unaware of what had happened till later 

The group are always fund raising for one thing or another, so they'll not turn you away. Contact @alpeters59 for more info.

Noticed this is scheduled for this evening via The BWFC Remembrance Group 

"Another class act for this weeks stream as usual leave all your comments for Steve to ask on the night."

Could someone ask him If he liked the  "Ironing Board" song please 

Edited by Benny The Ball

Does he remember dribbling around the entire Plymouth team before squaring to TC for a simple tap in?

He played at a time when black players were subject to some horrific, overt abuse, how did he cope with it?  Did he experience it from other players? What's his view on taking a knee and players response now?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

Does he remember dribbling around the entire Plymouth team before squaring to TC for a simple tap in?

He played at a time when black players were subject to some horrific, overt abuse, how did he cope with it?  Did he experience it from other players? What's his view on taking a knee and players response now?

Even some Bolton fans thought it was funny to put their hands under their own arm pits,  chimp style,  singing , "Ooh, ooh, ooh. Oohgani!"

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

Discounts on merchandise but it's not about that for me, it's contributing a tenner to a good cause

Oh, forgive my tone.  Wasn't supposed to sound as heartless as it probably did, and I'll be donating/subscribing - can a link be posted on here? 

I Just thought it would be good to clarify how a membership differs from a simple donation.

12 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Not at all, I'll ask their Admins (one used to post on here quite a lot) you also get a pin/lapel badge

i still visit this forum daily and mention in all our streams, The idea of the membership is to help us do what we do which most of you are aware we help our own with funeral cost, donations, wreaths, addiction, mental health etc etc the group is now getting very big to the point of being on national tv and radio and we have running cost our time is free and every penny made goes to helping our own, a membership scheme will be a massive help to us and at £5 a year with the optio to but a commemorative badge each year added to that 10% discount of or new shopping page coming shortly and the chance to become an official member its not a bad deal added to that we are helping our own.May be an image of text that says "OFFICIAL MEMBER FI ٤ 3M WILL NEVER FORGET"

1 minute ago, alpeters59 said:

i still visit this forum daily and mention in all our streams, The idea of the membership is to help us do what we do which most of you are aware we help our own with funeral cost, donations, wreaths, addiction, mental health etc etc the group is now getting very big to the point of being on national tv and radio and we have running cost our time is free and every penny made goes to helping our own, a membership scheme will be a massive help to us and at £5 a year with the optio to but a commemorative badge each year added to that 10% discount of or new shopping page coming shortly and the chance to become an official member its not a bad deal added to that we are helping our own.

I think it's great what you do and a HUGE thanks for your contribution towards Karl and the kind words you said about about him .

For us non Facebook users, is there an alternative link we can use to donate?  Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I think it's great what you do and a HUGE thanks for your contribution towards Karl and the kind words you said about about him .

For us non Facebook users, is there an alternative link we can use to donate?  Thanks in advance.

Was our Honour and what we are about x

7 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I have started a new topic hope its ok with the admins cheers.

• The topic was unpinned
  • 2 weeks later...