Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

T'Other Week - Art. This Week - Timepieces.

Youri McAnespie

I'm sorry, I dunno which is most mental; the asking price, where it's being flogged, PayPal and eBay's potential commission or that some would buy the fucker in the first place..?

£34.85 for P+P. What could possibly go wrong?

Not Yodel surely - they'd probably sling it over the back fence.

Screenshot-2021-01-25-19-37-00-1.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Richard-Mille-Rafael-Nadal-Red-NTPT-Carbon-Automatic-Mens-Watch-RM35-02/133638768414?hash=item1f1d7dc71e:g:xvMAAOSwplBgAeo4

I presume there's some Russian moron who was in the right place at the right time circa 1992 with a bona-fide one, probably with a cadre of mercenary minders. 😈

• Members

Right gonna show my inner nerd here

I went to Switzerland a while back and being the crazy rock n roll star I am I went  to a watch museum.

I thought it was going to be shite but my word it was fascinating. The attention to detail in some Swiss watches is nothing short of extraordinary. 
That then started my slight obsession for watches. 
I have a good few now, A GT Tag Heuer, I have a Rolex which was a wedding present and a Breitling which was a long service gift to my dad which he gave me for my 30th because he would never use it .

Richard Mille watches are just something else the miniature engineering in them is sensational but so are the prices.

If anyone ever wants to treat me The gold JFK Rolex which Marilyn Monroe gave to him is the one I’d like to have. Not the actual one because he probably fisted her with it on, but the remade version of it.

Dick well and truly swung @Spider

Edited by Rudy

• Site Supporter

If I was spending a quarter of a mill on a Swatch like that, I’d expect it to be hand delivered by a team of Russian thugs in armoured vehicles.

My betting is that this thread turns into something of a dick swinging contest about Omegas, Panerai’s, IWC’s and Rolex’s.

Early favourite for most money spent on a watch is Esco.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I went to Switzerland a while back and being the crazy rock n roll star I am I went  to a watch museum.

I thought it was going to be shite but my word it was fascinating. The attention to detail in some Swiss watches is nothing short of extraordinary. 
That then started my slight obsession for watches. 
I have a good few now, A GT Tag Heuer, I have a Rolex which was a wedding present and a Breitling which was a long service gift to my dad which he gave me for my 30th because he would never use it .

Richard Mille watches are just something else the miniature engineering in them is sensational but so are the prices.

If anyone ever wants to treat me The gold JFK Rolex which Marilyn Monroe gave to him is the one I’d like to have. Not the actual one because he probably fisted her with it on, but the remade version of it.

Dick well and truly swung @Spider

Hold on there champ....

16 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I'm sorry, I dunno which is most mental; the asking price, where it's being flogged, PayPal and eBay's potential commission or that some would buy the fucker in the first place..?

£34.85 for P+P. What could possibly go wrong?

Not Yodel surely - they'd probably sling it over the back fence.

Screenshot-2021-01-25-19-37-00-1.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Richard-Mille-Rafael-Nadal-Red-NTPT-Carbon-Automatic-Mens-Watch-RM35-02/133638768414?hash=item1f1d7dc71e:g:xvMAAOSwplBgAeo4

I presume there's some Russian moron who was in the right place at the right time circa 1992 with a bona-fide one, probably with a cadre of mercenary minders. 😈

You'd think they'd chuck in free P&P.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

If one ventured out sans hired goons with such an item, even if someone gave you the option of 'your watch' or 'your watch and your hand' (whilst brandishing an axe) - where could they possibly flog it on?

I had a Panerai once upon a time.

Liked it but was always panicking that if I wore it whilst out on the piss I was likely to effectively smash up a few grand.

And I had to wind the fucker up so it was never showing the right time.

Ive a G Shock I was given to me 15 years ago that’s still like new and winds itself up through some sort of Japanese witchcraft.

Edited by Spider

1 minute ago, little whitt said:

i have a ARMANI my kids got me for my 40th 

my mate has a 30k Breitling 

it tells the same time as mine 

I presume anyone with a five figure watch is willing and able to fight to the death in unarmed or armed combat..?

And they can make weapons out of anything and everything that comes to hand?

25 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I went to Switzerland a while back and being the crazy rock n roll star I am I went  to a watch museum... 

Extremely hungover me and the then bird (c-cup) went in a potty/commode/bog museum in Prague.

I thought it'd be shite...

All I could think of was "people have shat in that - fucking animals".

But now I have a £2000 Armitage Shanks with a platinum seat.

The bar next door was the last place I went in where folk were smoking.

That gaff knocked me more sick than the po museum.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

37 minutes ago, Spider said:

If I was spending a quarter of a mill on a Swatch like that, I’d expect it to be hand delivered by a team of Russian thugs in armoured vehicles.

My betting is that this thread turns into something of a dick swinging contest about Omegas, Panerai’s, IWC’s and Rolex’s.

Early favourite for most money spent on a watch is Esco.

What odds are you giving on me???

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Thought so 😆

Most expensive watch I’ve bought for myself? About 120quid I would say off the top off my head about 20+ years ago  

spent a grand on a watch for my missus. 

I was given a Rolex about 10 years ago as a generous gift off someone I helped with a big problem they had. I was very grateful. So much so i sold it 6 months later. I wish I had kept it as it would be worth double now what it was back then. 

last watch I had was a Fitbit. Ive got a polar watch on its way this week but that’s another gift from mrs esco. 

just goes to show how wrong people can be doesn’t it 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Most expensive watch I’ve bought for myself? About 120quid I would say off the top off my head about 20+ years ago  

spent a grand on a watch for my missus. 

I was given a Rolex about 10 years ago as a generous gift off someone I helped with a big problem they had. I was very grateful. So much so i sold it 6 months later. I wish I had kept it as it would be worth double now what it was back then. 

last watch I had was a Fitbit. Ive got a polar watch on its way this week but that’s another gift from mrs esco. 

just goes to show how wrong people can be doesn’t it 

It does

I can’t believe you’ll turn out in £4k’s worth of jumpers and trainers, then roll your sleeve up to reveal an Elizabeth Duke special.

You disappoint my stereotyped image

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

It does

I can’t believe you’ll turn out in £4k’s worth of jumpers and trainers, then roll your sleeve up to reveal an Elizabeth Duke special.

You disappoint my stereotyped image

I don’t wear a watch for any reason other than to track my activity etc. that’s it. Never seen the point really and even less so now that my phone is always close by for time etc