Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Numeracy

globaldiver

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m a maths geek 🤓. I sit doing maths puzzles at night sometimes and really interesting stuff like that. Also tutor my mates daughter who struggles with all things mathematical! 

I also work with things with vat added on a daily basis so always just divide the gross by 1.2 to derive the net figure. 

Here's one for you:

52<48

Show your working out.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, MickyD said:

I just did an out-of- curiosity maths test.  I got one wrong.  The question had been

Peter bought an item for £29.75 inclusive if VAT. 

How much the item before VAT wad added? 

What it didn't give was the rate of VAT. 

I hope kids aren't given  incomplete questions like that.

Did Peter buy it online from an EU country? Might explain why they had no idea about the likely amount.

• Site Supporter

Just done this maths quiz and got 29/30 I fucked up one by not reading the question properly.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/fun-stuff/whats-your-numeracy-age-take-7653465

I’m pissed off that it didn’t give me a maths age. By the way, pen and paper were used on some of the older age group questions but no calculators.

There are twenty eight grams in an imperial ounce, if Johnny buys a quarter of an ounce of cake mixture for £22.50 and divides into 1g cakes, how much profit will he make if each of these is sold for £5.

Additional marks: How many times would Johnny need to do this procedure to regain his initial investment?

Those are basic problems that any child of 13-14 worth their salt should be able to solve in an eyeblink.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Youri McAnespie said:

There are twenty eight grams in an imperial ounce, if Johnny buys a quarter of an ounce of cake mixture for £22.50 and divides into 1g cakes, how much profit will he make if each of these is sold for £5.

Additional marks: How many times would Johnny need to do this procedure to regain his initial investment?

Those are basic problems that any child of 13-14 worth their salt should be able to solve in an eyeblink.

Wouldn’t they be stuck at “ounce”? Miss, what’s an ounce?

They'll have used CDT skills to covert a steel airsoft gun to fire live rounds.

It'd be good to bust at least one cap in an ass. If it blows off the hand of the defender then they should charge at their assailant brandishing their bloody stump shouting "I've got (bad) AIDS! I've got (bad) AIDS!"

Edited by Youri McAnespie

3 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

And how many months will he get sent down for?

18 minutes ago, Traf said:

And how many months will he get sent down for?

Zero months at 13-14 years old.

Just 'retire' at fifteen.

If continuing trading beyond that age just keep a single cake and sell slices as and when required, cheesemonger stylee.

If caught out claim the cake is for Percy.

Foolproof.

Edited by Youri McAnespie