Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Orient (H)

DomRepWanderer

• Site Supporter

Lovely to see a positive thread! Hopefully the neg heads will keep away or at least come on and give us a bit of credit. A Saturday win at home, what a feeling!

Let’s hope we can build on this now. Quite a few critical of the selection pre game, but everyone contributed to that today. Well done whites 👏 

Was I the only one getting anxious about our proximity to the bottom of Division 4? A 10 point gap and that feeling of a home win is much more reassuring this evening. 

Rest of this season is about sorting out who we keep next year and who we don't. Then it's yet another year of starting fresh and hoping we can finally get on a sustained upward curve at this football club of ours.

Just now, paulhanley said:

Was I the only one getting anxious about our proximity to the bottom of Division 4? A 10 point gap and that feeling of a home win is much more reassuring this evening. 

Rest of this season is about sorting out who we keep next year and who we don't. Then it's yet another year of starting fresh and hoping we can finally get on a sustained upward curve at this football club of ours.

I certainly had/have 1 eye on the bottom , but luckily the bottom 2 are dreadful .

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

It was getting too close for comfort for me and still is. 

We won't go down but I don't even want to contemplate getting dragged in to a dog fight

Just now, Biggish Dave said:

It was getting too close for comfort for me and still is. 

We won't go down but I don't even want to contemplate getting dragged in to a dog fight

With the run we were on it had to start being contemplated. That win today shores things up. Thank goodness.

11 minutes ago, burnden said:

Well pleased with 3 points and a clean sheet also think we should have scored at least another couple of goals ....frustrating that the teams around us all won as well .

This morning we could have finished the day in 20th place 4 points clear of bottom 2, and we've finished it 10 clear and 3 points off top half.  Chuck in a decent performance, a clean sheet playing 4-4-2 as you say and its reasons to be cheerful.  

16 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

A good win that , perhaps the type of result and performance we thought would be the norm.

Stuck at it and no exaggeration to say it should have been 5 or 6 nil .

Right let's crack on and get up this bloody league.

M.O.M Baptise for me .

Arthur, and Baptiste MOM for me. Fonz apart from his shooting was a lot better today and Santos also a very strong game. Thought Isgrove and Thomason also did well. Over all a great performance

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Cartman2932 said:

He pulled out of it the big fanny

He did indeed. Overall though he did well, a bit of pace and ran with it well.

48 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Went mental when that second went in. My Mrs came in and said...

'Awwww - I've not heard you celebrate like that for ages' 😁😁😁

Mine looked at me as if fook all had happened.

"What are we having for dinner?"

At that moment; who gives a toss! :)