Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Orient (H)

DomRepWanderer

9 hours ago, Arrested development said:

Think this well be the law of averages home win. We are due and we have been on the wrong end of luck recently. Think Doyle gets a

2 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Got to admit I was concerned at HT .We looked a bit open through the middle of the park & Thomason although game was struggling to get to grips with McNuff or whatever his name is in their midfield. I would have had Fonz or Doyle off at HT & Tutte on.We seemed top heavy but not effective .Anyway can now give my head a wobble.

Hoping he tweaks it a bit on Tues

I'm sure Tutte will start in Tuesday, probably replace Thomasson.

Not much competition but today definitely the most satisfying of the home wins.  The first time not just this season but in bloody ages that we've won a game at home without taking a lead into half time.  For me the sign of a decent side is to be able to take the game to the opposition in the 2nd half when its on a knife edge.  If Orient's sitter of a header goes in just before our 1st goal its a different story, but definitely our best home win.  Oh and 2nd home win out of last 3 when our scorers are Doyle and OG!

• Members
41 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Not much competition but today definitely the most satisfying of the home wins.  The first time not just this season but in bloody ages that we've won a game at home without taking a lead into half time.  For me the sign of a decent side is to be able to take the game to the opposition in the 2nd half when its on a knife edge.  If Orient's sitter of a header goes in just before our 1st goal its a different story, but definitely our best home win.  Oh and 2nd home win out of last 3 when our scorers are Doyle and OG!

I never understand the argument of “if the opposition took their chances” well yeah but they didn’t and we did

Thats football. 

I thought Doyle had his worst game for us today. Nothing stuck with him, first touch was poor, passing was sloppy.

... but his finish proved just why you don't take someone like him off.

If/when him and Fonz both have a good game and it all clicks, we're going to give someone a thrashing.

• Members
12 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I thought Doyle had his worst game for us today. Nothing stuck with him, first touch was poor, passing was sloppy.

If/when him and Fonz both have a good game and it all clicks, we're going to give someone a thrashing.

I don’t think either player particularly well, Doyle with the points you made and Fonz is frustrating but there is potential there as a front 2/3 

Great to feel good on a Saturday night.

could have and should have scored a lot more.

this is a poor division and a good run could really see us back in it.

thought Thomason and  Baptiste had really good games.

good finish for Doyle as it bobbled terribly 

4 points from the next 2 always and it’s game on with a couple of signings

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Yeah, I agree, but...nearly catches the keeper out with a speculative effort in first half, wins the ball on halfway to set up our first, wins the ball to set up our second which he puts away himself.

Not bad for a poor game.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Yeah, I agree, but...nearly catches the keeper out with a speculative effort in first half, wins the ball on halfway to set up our first, wins the ball to set up our second which he puts away himself.

Not bad for a poor game.

Ha, yes. Apart from that. :D