Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

AGM

gonzo

2 hours ago, LeggyMountbatten said:

I was on the call. I believe the ST are putting the recording online so everyone can view.

I thought Gartside spoke well I must say.

He's a good lad.

Did anyone ask the Trust how they spent more than £10k on "social media" over the last 12 months?

24 minutes ago, Traf said:

He's a good lad.

Did anyone ask the Trust how they spent more than £10k on "social media" over the last 12 months?

Question was asked, believe they were meant to answer additional questions at the end but they swerved that idea. 

26 minutes ago, Jay71 said:

Question was asked, believe they were meant to answer additional questions at the end but they swerved that idea. 

I asked them yesterday, they declined to answer saying it was "a matter for the AGM".

Not sure why they still need £50k in the bank.

Just in case anyone is interested, I've listed some of the main points from Evatt and Gartside:

Evatt

Apologized for performances but says there is method in the madness and they are laying the foundations for future success

Current position is temporary - no-one at the club is happy with it but still thinks we have something to play for this season. Will finish higher than we are now.

Looking for quick fixes in Jan window but will strengthen squad

Processes/structure for recruitment at club need to improve

No U23's has been a problem - not been able to loan out or arrange friendlies because of COVID - doing lots of 11 v 11 in training to make up for it

Possession is our identity - mentality issues causing us to go behind early in games - looking to get sports psychologist in

Played Sarcevic too deep at the start of the season

Sees young players in training every day - played games when not ready last season - they are talented but not ready to cope with L2 week in week out yet

Has learned it's a big job and more difficult than he expected

Lots of work being done behind the scenes that you can't see at the moment but this will benefit club in future

We are a work in progress.  Stick with us and keep the faith - we will turn it around

Gartside

Club aiming for sustainability using assets like hotel and property

Wants stadium to work 365 days a year but can't at the moment because of COVID - success of stadium and hotel more important for us now we are in L2

Events starting to come back to stadium and hotel

Owners want us to become a Championship club again - once club back in Championship they will review their strategy

On course to pay off creditors - not expecting further penalties or sanctions

Support from fans this season humbling - ST sales, ST waivers, iFollow

COVID delayed academy restructure

Finances will remain robust if we have to spend another season in L2

Important for Sharon to do good in the community - trying to rebuild relationships in town destroyed by KA

Building foundations now for future growth

Utilized furlough for people exiting the business

Wanted iFollow ST pass to include away games but got outvoted by other L2 clubs

Averaging 2,500 streams for each away game on Ifollow - biggest in L2 - Streams for Tranmere away highest of season

Football is cyclical - dark days now but good days will return

• Moderators

Re the relationships, I'd argue they were already massively damaged way before Ken. Eg the bully boy stewards were employed by Mr Gartside Snr (as chairman), sorry Andy. The example I use is Braga at home when I was in "Crazy Corner" and a steroid head in orange barged past me with a juvenile in a headlock, it was like being in Ikon. The supporters were treated with utter contempt. You aren't re-writing history and putting that all on Ken.

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, LeggyMountbatten said:

Just in case anyone is interested, I've listed some of the main points from Evatt and Gartside:

Evatt

Apologized for performances but says there is method in the madness and they are laying the foundations for future success

Current position is temporary - no-one at the club is happy with it but still thinks we have something to play for this season. Will finish higher than we are now.

No U23's has been a problem - not been able to loan out or arrange friendlies because of COVID - doing lots of 11 v 11 in training to make up for it

Possession is our identity - mentality issues causing us to go behind early in games - looking to get sports psychologist in

Sees young players in training every day - played games when not ready last season - they are talented but not ready to cope with L2 week in week out yet

Lots of work being done behind the scenes that you can't see at the moment but this will benefit club in future

We are a work in progress.  Stick with us and keep the faith - we will turn it around

Gartside

Wants stadium to work 365 days a year but can't at the moment because of COVID - success of stadium and hotel more important for us now we are in L2

Owners want us to become a Championship club again - once club back in Championship they will review their strategy

Important for Sharon to do good in the community - trying to rebuild relationships in town destroyed by KA

Averaging 2,500 streams for each away game on Ifollow - biggest in L2 - Streams for Tranmere away highest of season

I've felt we've needed this for the last few years to make up for the shit going on around them. Can't happen quickly enough

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I would like to hear more of what is going on behind the scenes as mentioned by Evatt. Any how well done to the S.T. for getting Evatt and A.G. involved with the AGM. 💣

I'd be more impressed if they came on the WWays' jolly boys, whenever it may be. 😄

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Learned it’s a big job

no shit

😁

Some fair points I suppose, but I'm a bit confused by the kids comment.

They may not be good enough to play week in week out, the trouble is the ones he's brought in clearly aren't neither. Also, at times seem to lack some desire.

They barely make the bench, let alone the first team. Thomasson has come in and played really well.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

😁

Some fair points I suppose, but I'm a bit confused by the kids comment.

They may not be good enough to play week in week out, the trouble is the ones he's brought in clearly aren't neither. Also, at times seem to lack some desire.

They barely make the bench, let alone the first team. Thomasson has come in and played really well.

Yeah fair points but like his interviews he talks a good game and identifies areas for concern but currently that’s it 

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Blah,blah,blah. Talk is cheap, we're at the lowest point in our history, we need results on the field + we need them fast.

Nowt to get excited about in what I just read, feeling very anti after reading about David Lee so I think I'll sign off and fume

10 hours ago, Carlos said:

Re the relationships, I'd argue they were already massively damaged way before Ken. Eg the bully boy stewards were employed by Mr Gartside Snr (as chairman), sorry Andy. The example I use is Braga at home when I was in "Crazy Corner" and a steroid head in orange barged past me with a juvenile in a headlock, it was like being in Ikon. The supporters were treated with utter contempt. You aren't re-writing history and putting that all on Ken.

Stewards were out of control wankers, but I very much doubt PG was involved in their recruitment.

• Site Supporter
21 hours ago, LeggyMountbatten said:

Evatt

Gartside

Thanks for that - a good summary. And some good positive vibes coming from the hierarchy. Let’s hope we start to see this transfer into results on the pitch. 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Traf said:

Stewards were out of control wankers, but I very much doubt PG was involved in their recruitment.

Come on, he was the chairman, he must have been aware of it? If not, where does the buck stop, Rod Cross?