Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

George Taft

masi 51

Must admit, it seems a bizarre one, although I’m sure IE has his reasons.

With the way Delaney has been playing, and definitely now with the suspension, you’d have thought he’d have been the perfect person to fill in and could have made the spot his own.

The fact he obviously considers Baptiste or Greenidge a better bet is worrying!

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Great decision to get shut. Fucking rubbish last night. 

If its a great decision to get shut - how bad was the decision to get him in the first place?  Just correcting his own mistake, same with many recent improvements.

FWIW I thought he was OK, no better and no worse, but definitely no better than Delaney who was already here.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If its a great decision to get shut - how bad was the decision to get him in the first place?  Just correcting his own mistake, same with many recent improvements.

FWIW I thought he was OK, no better and no worse, but definitely no better than Delaney who was already here.

Do you think Evatt was responsible for summer recruitment ? You mention correcting 'his' mistake who do you mean ? 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

Alongside Santos, with the 2 solid full backs & defensive cover from Williams, Delaney would be fine, Greenidge was improving & Brockbank's best position could be centre back.....we'd be alright.

But.....if we lost Santos i'd be worried.

I think greenidge has shot his bolt

If lee is fit, id guess we might see the white muamba at cb if needs must

3 hours ago, Ani said:

Do you think Evatt was responsible for summer recruitment ? You mention correcting 'his' mistake who do you mean ? 

I don't know, none of us do.  But I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have a say on who's brought in. Not like he's a shrinking violet.  And it cant just be coincidence that so many of his players are ex-Chesterfield/Blackpool/Barrow etc.  If he's not responsible for Taft he doesn't get the credit for Doyle, Sarcevic, Santos etc.  

3 hours ago, Kane57 said:

Still better than Delaney. Will be better than him every day for the rest of his life too 

Its all opinions, I just dont get this anti-Delaney stuff.  Taken over the whole of his appearances, he's been as good as Baptiste - some bad games, some good games.  Not had a run in a 4-4-2 like the current 2 have.  Was our best defender by a mile in the first couple of months.  Compared to the other "bad" players that I dont need to list, they didnt have a good half never mind a good month.

25 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Greenidge is gash, he looks like a shit Joleon Lescott.

Couldn't put it better myself, I was wondering who he reminded me of and its Lescott in his inability to ever look like he's got control of a ball, or to make clean tackles.

Lescott could head a ball though, as we found to our cost a few times.  

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I don't know, none of us do.  But I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have a say on who's brought in. Not like he's a shrinking violet.  And it cant just be coincidence that so many of his players are ex-Chesterfield/Blackpool/Barrow etc.  If he's not responsible for Taft he doesn't get the credit for Doyle, Sarcevic, Santos etc.  

as i said about 3 months back when we potted phoenix......you could see Evatt signings and Phoenix signings

The London contingent Phoenix signings.........Blackpool, Morecambe, Chesterfield, Fleetwood Evatt signings

Evatt is not exempt he brought in White, Crellin but at least he admitted they where not good enough