Trivia Question

gonzo

14 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Fuuuuucking Heeeeell

Really wish I’d never seen this. Thought I might have it with Terry Butcher

So many red herrings

City/United - can’t be Manc

”7 of my clubs” - includes management Shirley

”Played in the 90s” - not necessarily as a youngster??

Again, nowhere does it say he played in the 90s does it?

It's a shambles lads. Im sorry..

I didn't make the question so dont shoot the messanger :(

WARREN FEENEY

- I was in English football in the 1990s. (Leeds United)
- I was at United and City. (Leeds United/Dundee United, Sailsbury City/Cardiff City/Swansea City) 
- I scored in the league for clubs in 4 different countries. (Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, England)
- My father was born in a different country from me and I had a choice of countries to play for. (Warren Feeney Senior was born in Wales)
- My father's birth country were not at the World Cup during my playing career. (Wales were not)
- However, I played for the hometown/homecity club of where my father was born. (Warren Feeney Junior played for Swansea City, his Dad was born there)
- I won caps for the first country that asked me. (Northern Ireland, of course - he was born and bred in Northern Ireland)
- I scored a goal for that country in a group match which also featured my father's birth country. (Northern Ireland were in the same group as Wales in 2004 - 2005 qualifiers. Warren scored once in that group - a penalty v. Azerbaijan)
- 7 of my clubs have been in the English top flight since 1990. (Leeds United, AFC Bournemouth, Luton Town, Cardiff City, Swansea City, Sheffield Wednesday, Oldham Athletic).
- But only one of those clubs have been in the European Cup / Champions League final. (Leeds United)
- However another of my clubs were in a different European final. (Dundee United)
- The year after I was born, my father's birth country were not at a World Cup, but Scotland were. (1982 World Cup - no Wales, Scotland yes).

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

It's a shambles lads. Im sorry..

I didn't make the question so dont shoot the messanger :(

WARREN FEENEY

- I was in English football in the 1990s. (Leeds United)
- I was at United and City. (Leeds United/Dundee United, Sailsbury City/Cardiff City/Swansea City) 
- I scored in the league for clubs in 4 different countries. (Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, England)
- My father was born in a different country from me and I had a choice of countries to play for. (Warren Feeney Senior was born in Wales)
- My father's birth country were not at the World Cup during my playing career. (Wales were not)
- However, I played for the hometown/homecity club of where my father was born. (Warren Feeney Junior played for Swansea City, his Dad was born there)
- I won caps for the first country that asked me. (Northern Ireland, of course - he was born and bred in Northern Ireland)
- I scored a goal for that country in a group match which also featured my father's birth country. (Northern Ireland were in the same group as Wales in 2004 - 2005 qualifiers. Warren scored once in that group - a penalty v. Azerbaijan)
- 7 of my clubs have been in the English top flight since 1990. (Leeds United, AFC Bournemouth, Luton Town, Cardiff City, Swansea City, Sheffield Wednesday, Oldham Athletic).
- But only one of those clubs have been in the European Cup / Champions League final. (Leeds United)
- However another of my clubs were in a different European final. (Dundee United)
- The year after I was born, my father's birth country were not at a World Cup, but Scotland were. (1982 World Cup - no Wales, Scotland yes).

🤣🤣 shit like this sucks me in every time 

2 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

🤣🤣 shit like this sucks me in every time 

joe baker / gerry baker and their dad and mum had diverse beginnings and careers. 

gerry baker were born in new york to a scotsman and an englishwoman. their other son joe was born in liverpool , but they moved to motherwell during the war, he played for chelseas youth team before signing for motherwell. played in england and scotland during his career and was capped by the USA. 

joe was the first player to play for england without playing there , capped while playing for hibs, probably due to him living the first six weeks of his life in liverpool. moved to torino then arsenal, nottm forrest and sunderland then back up in scotland . 

Tony Dorigo only played for England because he lived here long enough

"England came along and asked me to play for them if I hung around for another year and got my British citizenship," says Dorigo. "

Seem to remember scotland were after calling up Fabrice Muamba, because once foreign born people get a UK passport they can take their pick. or summat. 

bit strange. 

45 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

joe baker / gerry baker and their dad and mum had diverse beginnings and careers. 

gerry baker were born in new york to a scotsman and an englishwoman. their other son joe was born in liverpool , but they moved to motherwell during the war, he played for chelseas youth team before signing for motherwell. played in england and scotland during his career and was capped by the USA. 

joe was the first player to play for england without playing there , capped while playing for hibs, probably due to him living the first six weeks of his life in liverpool. moved to torino then arsenal, nottm forrest and sunderland then back up in scotland . 

Tony Dorigo only played for England because he lived here long enough

"England came along and asked me to play for them if I hung around for another year and got my British citizenship," says Dorigo. "

Seem to remember scotland were after calling up Fabrice Muamba, because once foreign born people get a UK passport they can take their pick. or summat. 

bit strange. 

Brilliant 

33 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I just can't think of anyone who has played for 7 top flight English clubs . 

James Milner is not the answer

You know he has posted the answer ?

The teams were not in the top flight at the time he played for them. Billy Crellin has played for a team that has played in the top tier. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Ani said:

The teams were not in the top flight at the time he played for them. Billy Crellin has played for a team that has played in the top tier. 

Obvs not 

Seen the answer 

What a load of shite 

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I just can't think of anyone who has played for 7 top flight English clubs . 

James Milner is not the answer

26 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Peter Crouch?

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

Made his debut in the 00s

You didn’t mention dates. You said you can’t think of anyone who played for 7 different top flight English clubs. Just Saying.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, MickyD said:

You didn’t mention dates. You said you can’t think of anyone who played for 7 different top flight English clubs. Just Saying.

I didn't, but in the context of the question the the first clue was "i was in English football in the 90s" so that rules out Peter Crouch 

It also rules out Craig Bellamy, Marcus Bent and Nicolas Anelka even they also played for 7

JSL

10 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

I didn't, but in the context of the question the the first clue was "i was in English football in the 90s" so that rules out Peter Crouch 

It also rules out Craig Bellamy, Marcus Bent and Nicolas Anelka even they also played for 7

JSL

Shirley Anelka was at Arsenal in 90s? Bellamy at Norwich?

On 31/01/2021 at 23:05, Ani said:

aye , that bit couldve applied to almost anyone. in fact, id bet if it werent there, warren feeney would still be the answer. 

some of these have clues that are too obscure for their own good, that they end up not being. 

mikkel forsell, ferenc puskas , or distefano, david trezeget, tony cascarino. wouldve been my other guesses.