Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it goes ahead -  Salford City 1 BWFC 2 The promotion party continues.......... COYFWM....

Going to be some end of season if this carries on, game every other day😀

He wouldnt have played today or tuesday

Posted Images

Just now, DavidLeesMullet said:

I'm going to start a conspiricy theory, the F. A. are deliberately cancelling our matches to try and get us relegated from League Two, due to build up of matches and the inevitable injury crises, pmsl!!!!

The reality of being in a shit league

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

All that 'inspection' showed was one wet patch

If the whole thing is like that, fair enough, but not if its just an isolated few yards

Get it sanded and get on with it

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Its ok saying start, and abandon it later if it gets bad, but that leads to further pitch damage, which may impact future games.

Given the style that IE wants, a mud bath isn't going to help.

We've got a decent sized squad now, so we may he able to cope a bit better than other teams with busy schedule later on.

Promotion juggernaut to start next time round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

Is there a directive to referees to call off if there is any chance at all that the game, if started, could then get abandoned? Son’s girlfriend lives about a mile away from Salford’s ground and he reckons it’s just been light rain but continuous. Not really sufficient to call a game off under normal circumstances.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Happy it’s off, get players bedded in 4 from next 6 at home, get some momentum, think that’ll help us, sneakily fancies us if we can win next 4 home games.

Think you might be right. Every cloud...

Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re playing Tuesday / Saturday for the next 5 weeks.

Next available date is 16th March, by which point we’ll have played another 10 games - could be a promotion 6 pointer by the time it comes around 👀

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Happy it’s off, get players bedded in 4 from next 6 at home, get some momentum, think that’ll help us, sneakily fancies us if we can win next 4 home games.

All very winnable too

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Is there a directive to referees to call off if there is any chance at all that the game, if started, could then get abandoned? Son’s girlfriend lives about a mile away from Salford’s ground and he reckons it’s just been light rain but continuous. Not really sufficient to call a game off under normal circumstances.

Depends upon the state of the pitch beforehand though.

Everywhere is saturated at the moment, the water table must be really high.

Not going to need much more to cause trouble; especially if they haven't spent much on the pitch as has been mentioned previously. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

No 

No, was looking forward to seeing what kind of side he picked as much as the game. 

The managers should be forced to announce their intended line up so that we can all pull it pieces and have a heated debate to fill a couple of hours.  I bet we would have had a sub GK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

We’re playing Tuesday / Saturday for the next 5 weeks.

Next available date is 16th March, by which point we’ll have played another 10 games - could be a promotion 6 pointer by the time it comes around 👀

Salford v Colchester 16th March.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.