Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Staycations

Dimron

12 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Take a prize of your choosing from the top shelf. Particular favourite is from a chippy in Biggar. Stinks the car out all the way home, mind. 

Town head cafe that is I believe. The chips there are the finest in the land. Unbelievably good. With salt and vinegar on of course 

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

Would have to be diet coke I reckon

When I’ve seen them being bought it’s usually full fat irn bru or Barr’s red cola.  Must be 6/7000 kcals in total I reckon and hundreds of grams of Saturated fat. YOLO 😆

17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Town head cafe that is I believe. The chips there are the finest in the land. Unbelievably good. With salt and vinegar on of course 

I know which one you mean on the left as you drive towards Edinburgh but I tend to use First Chip Shop on the other side of the road a bit further down. Albeit I avoid driving up whenever possible and let the train take the strain. When we were allowed to etc etc. 

7 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I know which one you mean on the left as you drive towards Edinburgh but I tend to use First Chip Shop on the other side of the road a bit further down. Albeit I avoid driving up whenever possible and let the train take the strain. When we were allowed to etc etc. 

I didn’t even know there was another chippy tbh. I looked at moving to biggar when they built the new builds there as I quite fancied  it but I was overruled and the missus would have had a bastard commute. Now she’s home working permanently it’s an option for the future 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I didn’t even know there was another chippy tbh. I looked at moving to biggar when they built the new builds there as I quite fancied  it but I was overruled and the missus would have had a bastard commute. Now she’s home working permanently it’s an option for the future 

Looks a lovely little town to be fair

• 2 weeks later...

Given the roadmap looks a lot clearer, I've taken the chance and booked a night away mid April for my other half's 40th in a fisherman's hut in Whitstable. 

All seems straightforward, no issues with booking, they are self contained and no other households. Just seems a bit odd that we could book.

Anyway, free refund if cancelled.

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Given the roadmap looks a lot clearer, I've taken the chance and booked a night away mid April for my other half's 40th in a fisherman's hut in Whitstable. 

All seems straightforward, no issues with booking, they are self contained and no other households. Just seems a bit odd that we could book.

Anyway, free refund if cancelled.

Will this fisherman be doing the heavy lifting on your behalf for a few extra quid?

Its not like he’ll be making any money from fish #BrexitGag

6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Well I call myself a lucky fucker. Booked this morning for the 14th April, seems we'll be good to.go and now the whole place is booked up months on end.

Best get my camping spot sorted for summer tonight.

Don't count your chickens. There's enough selfish twats out there more than happy to do as they like and scupper it for all of us.  

31 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Don't count your chickens. There's enough selfish twats out there more than happy to do as they like and scupper it for all of us.  

I'll book now and then I can cancel on the 31st March for April with nothing lost.

Same for camp sites -its only a £15/£30 quid deposit at most sites. Happy to pay that to get the dates I want. esp down here - and esp this year, like last year it was full of northerners chasing the sun in the UK. Folk from Wigan one side, Preston the other.

13 minutes ago, Underpants said:

My UK hols aren't until August. I'm still not confident that all restrictions will be gone by then

Yeah - that's why I love camp sites - they seem to be able to open quicker eve under last year's restrictions. Although we were under less restrictions than the north and I realise we're not going to do region tiering anymore - so come on the north - don't fuck it up for the rest of us (kidding, before anyone jumps down me throat)

• Site Supporter

That's why you never meet (hear) anyone from London on your holiday, most can't afford more than a 3 man tent on their local common after paying 6 grand a month on a 2 bed flat 😄

All we get is Tracey and Terry from Essex screaming at their 4 kids to behave because they can't be arsed looking after the youngest who is being drowned by their 5 year old in the toddler pool.

Seriously though, London house prices are fucking nuts.