Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Staycations

Dimron

• Site Supporter

I've been camping at the Quiet Site in the Lakes. A riff raff free zone.

I've got some massive tent that has a living room, leccy, telly and all the kit you can think of.

The views across Ullswater are spectacular and waking up the that every morning almost makes it worthwhile.

Pissing in a bucket 3 times during the night, however, means I AMOUT in the future.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Camping also gets rid of the oiky riff raff - as this thread proves... 😉

Only your pretentious middle class types allowed, thank you very much.

not in the lakes it doesn't

full of scrubbers from Sunderland every time I've been

tents up, car doors open, stereo on full blast, shit everywhere

Interestingly AB social class 45-54 are the most likely to holiday and camp in England. The lowest to do this is C2 and DE - but they are highest to fly abroad - Spain being the top destination.

What's all this pissing in buckets stuff? If you can't hold your bladder, get a porta potty with a toilet tent. Costs about £100 for the kit.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

Quiet Site would have them booted off within an hour. Just for being from Sunderland

There's a strict policy around scutters. Plus it's not cheap.

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

You've been going to the wrong sites, there are some key identifiers of scrubber sites. Avoid sites that have an entertainment complex or games rooms - playground, fine. Avoid ones that allow single sex groups and also go for those that have volume down by 10pm - you can still play music, just not loud enough for the next pitch to hear it and the staff do a sweep round.

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

You've been going to the wrong sites, there are some key identifiers of scrubber sites. Avoid sites that have an entertainment complex or games rooms - playground, fine. Avoid ones that allow single sex groups and also go for those that have volume down by 10pm - you can still play music, just not loud enough for the next pitch to hear it and the staff do a sweep round.

is this like a reacharound ? 🙂

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

yeah it wasn't my idea, I just tagged along

walks were nice though

hate tent camping

but

I loved it when we had a campervan, that's my kind of camping

I'm going to write a book - 'Down and Out in Stockholm and Split: The Definitive Guide to Sleeping Rough on Holiday'...

On the flip side, fate always seems to conspire to see me in a swanky hotel when I'm; on mi tod, checking in late, checking out early and usually too pissed up to appreciate the short time I do spend there.

The last place had a rooftop pool, spa etc. top breakfast etc. didn't utilise owt, it was simply a place to dump my bags and return to to pass out for a few hours after going on the piss...

However a shower before going out and come morning an undisturbed shit and shower meant it worth the outlay.

It was there or sleep rough anyway, everywhere else was booked up.

4 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Interestingly AB social class 45-54 are the most likely to holiday and camp in England. The lowest to do this is C2 and DE - but they are highest to fly abroad - Spain being the top destination.

Now you're just making stuff up arent you?

7 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Plus you can also fix a small gas bottle so you don't have to cart around the large ones.

Everyone can have a good huff of the gas and you'll be convinced you're in Claridge's and not shitting in a bucket of chemicals.

Re: your rent, when you know you're moving on simply stop paying it - by the time they turf you out you'll be around 10k up easily, more than enough for an all-inclusive family trip to Dubai.

5 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Camp wherever the fuck you like in Scotland - easy to avoid the rabble. Got myself a volkswagen caddy in November so I'll be kitting that out for the summer. 

We won’t be allowed in