Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Staycations

Dimron

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Now you're just making stuff up arent you?

Nope, every industry does economic impact and demographic studies, either funded privately media companies or the gvt do them. Travel industry is just the same as every other, its all pretty easy to find on this here world wide web.

It's how folk sell things, y'see.

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Interestingly AB social class 45-54 are the most likely to holiday and camp in England. The lowest to do this is C2 and DE - but they are highest to fly abroad - Spain being the top destination.

What's all this pissing in buckets stuff? If you can't hold your bladder, get a porta potty with a toilet tent. Costs about £100 for the kit.

How are these social classes determined?

I could google it but I am feeling especially lazy. Is C2 a plasterer from Denton and AB a dentist from Guildford?

8 hours ago, Winchester White said:

I could google it but I am feeling especially lazy. Is C2 a plasterer from Denton and AB a dentist from Guildford?

Its an absolute pile of dated bollocks thats what it is.

46 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Its an absolute pile of dated bollocks thats what it is.

It's a bit dated, as you can get much more granular now - but bollocks it most certainly isn't. Millions and millions are spent on this from media onwards. And especially with credit ratings - Experian is the UK leader in this. Postcode down to household and then individual level.

Why do you think Cambridge analytica was so powerful? 

Edited by Not in Crawley

9 hours ago, Winchester White said:

It's not just based on monetary wealth but education as well. You can be a very wealthy plasterer but still be in a C2 bracket and a relatively poor uni lecturer and be AB - but as I say, it's very broad and people want more granularity now as digital makes targeting g much more specific.

But broadly speaking traditional professions are AB - as for where you live, that's a whole other thing, and it's layering these on each other you create the picture.

I've been lucky enough to work with done very bright data scientists (they now all work for KPMG) and what they do is mind-blowing. Makes you question free will!