Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Staycations

Dimron

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I live 500 yards from the sea. @ZicoKelly’s brother lives in portobello which is Edinburgh’s only beach so I assume she lives there as well? Some stunning beaches just down the coast in east lothian. YellowCraig one of my favorites and gullane also lovely. 

I don’t  think a lot of people who come to Edinburgh have a clue the beach is down at portobello tbh mate. Thankfully. 

Aye, he chose Portobello specifically for the sea so he can walk down for a swim in it everyday 

Tried it when i visited, mid June and it was fucking freezing, lasted less than 5 minutes, dunno how he does it, particularly this time of the year

6 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Aye, he chose Portobello specifically for the sea so he can walk down for a swim in it everyday 

Tried it when i visited, mid June and it was fucking freezing, lasted less than 5 minutes, dunno how he does it, particularly this time of the year

Have 3 cans of rivi DIPA you won’t feel a fucking thing. 

13 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Shall be exploring Les Bré Connes for sure

Looks like I'll be spending a week at my sister's Gite in Ch'orlie, a base where I explore the Le Pike le Rivee region taking in le Jardin la Orient and lunches at the "Chienne Noir" Bistro overlooking the Lagon Bleu in Belle-Monte,

Pretty exotic I think

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

We don't go on 'vacation' so why 'staycation'?

We go on our holidays - therefore sommat like 'homely-days' or 'homo-days' should be used instead.

And will folk stop omitting 'off' from 'pissed off' - it's three letters, 'pissed' means drunk, nothing else. You're not Samuel L Jackson characters...

The list of Americanisms gets longer almost daily. 

18 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

We don't go on 'vacation' so why 'staycation'?

We go on our holidays - therefore sommat like 'homely-days' or 'homo-days' should be used instead.

And will folk stop omitting 'off' from 'pissed off' - it's three letters, 'pissed' means drunk, nothing else. You're not Samuel L Jackson characters...

Nor should there be “annual leave”

Indeed, superfluous use of 'annual' for a start...

What else? 'Bicentennial leave'?

Just because Yanks get about a week off a year, and can't afford a holiday, nor even have passports - why adopt their crap term?

We have decent holiday allowance, have passports and even tramps can stretch to a week in Tossa.

38 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I reckon Madonna would easily take a fisting

She has had lovers like Dennis Rodman and some bloke nicknamed Carlos The Tackle, and that's not because he was a Cuban Bobby Moore...

As an aside, I knew a girl years ago, a dancer (pretty flat chested but on a VERY lithe and perma-naturally tanned body - she was from Walkden but definitely had some Mediterranean in her)...She later did have a little Mediterranean in her, she shagged Peter Andre and told anyone who cared to listen around that time (late 90's) he was of Chinese mouse proportions*.

Not sommat that really given me thought ever since until I read sommat about Vardy's missus doing a kiss and tell on old Pete, casting the same aspersion.

Now I always thought Jordan was of a similar mindset as Madonna, so...

I'll bet it was a chipolata/ginnel scenario...

Has anyone else stirred the porridge of some z-grade celeb? Or gone first and forced them to become a spunk-brother?

* Not sour grapes, he pursued her afterward, she didn't want to know.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Dimron said:

Looks like I'll be spending a week at my sister's Gite in Ch'orlie, a base where I explore the Le Pike le Rivee region taking in le Jardin la Orient and lunches at the "Chienne Noir" Bistro overlooking the Lagon Bleu in Belle-Monte,

Pretty exotic I think

Sounds quite appealing. 

Even overlooks that lovely place Mid de la Bruk.