Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe (H)

desperado

• Site Supporter

Surely there won’t be any danger in this game being off. The start of 10 matches in 5 weeks. Is this where the promotion charge starts?

Gilks

Brockbank 

Santos

Baptiste

John

Williams

Tutte

Fonz

Madison

Arthur

Doyle 

3-1 

COYFWM

Just seen their goals from yesterday, 2 cracking finishes, they've obviously got some talented players at this level.

Their manager Derek Adams has a great record at Ross County and Plymouth, God knows why he's not got a bigger club than Morecambe, what a job he's doing to have them challenging for promotion.  

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Their manager Derek Adams has a great record at Ross County and Plymouth, God knows why he's not got a bigger club than Morecambe, what a job he's doing to have them challenging for promotion.  

Bit of a prick with players if memory serves me right from when he was assistant to Colin Calderwood at Hibs. Quite often got in trouble with the authorities and by all accounts would manage to fall out with an empty room. 

6 minutes ago, Blondi said:

I've only heard of Stephen Hendrie and Ben Pringle that play for Morecambe, means nowt of course.

Bolton 2 Morecambe 0

That reminds me of days I used to look at the opposition line up and consider the threats etc or maybe the one's I was looking forward to seeing play.  I dont even look at the line up now because with the exception of Tranmere the names mean nothing to me.  Its us against 11 blokes, a bit like when I played Sunday league and you only started to size up the opposition as the game unfolded. 

Those 2 you mentioned - unless its the snooker player I've never heard of Hendrie, and Pringle is familiar as we had him on trial last year but he's not made an appearance for Morecambe yet (according to Wiki). 

Folk keep saying 'cant believe we are playing them' when we look at the next opponent.

Well i had one of those moments when i looked at league table yesterday! Fuck me 5th bottom of entire FL? Right shut the fuck up Evatt and lets see some improvement.  This has got to be our lowest point or adios. Would we have been in this position under the much maligned Mr Onions? I think we all know the answer. I just hope its worth it 

29 minutes ago, Blondi said:

We had Pringle on trial a year or two ago, always rated him, not sure why we didn't sign him? Maybe he's a "Maverick" 😀

He was training with us (with Craig Conway) in July 2019 but Parky had to let triallists go as the club decided against offering any contracts until a takeover was completed.