Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe (H)

desperado

Stupid red card as bad first touch and didn’t need to make the tackle.

gave away probably a dozen crap free kicks when their players had back to goal, so no need to challenge.

first 30, no shots or crosses

2 points tossed away

4 wins in 14 at home

16 off top with 60 to play for

bad game management all over the park

thommason played really well

West Ham lad looked decent

good finish for goal

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

I gave up at Xmas was going of evatts own points target and comments after we signed these jan players . 

You "gave up" at Christmas, then changed your mind a week later because Evatt said we should still be aiming for promotion, but you've changed your mind back again because we drew at home against 6th in the League? Fuck me.

Edited by Cheese

41 minutes ago, deanmilly said:

Maddison believed all his hype that came with the move, tried playing like Neymar... was rusty as fuck due to lack of sharpness most probably gave it away and lunged in like a stroppy kid who wasn`t getting his own way. Playing for himself and not his new teammates, we was in full control and looked like we would have killed them off. Dapo legit stole his shine, luckily for Maddison there's lots of games to redeem himself but do that again and good luck getting a contract anywhere next season. He tried way too hard from the go, Dapo kept things simple but looked way more sharper and a step above 

Not disagreeing with the point your making, but also in 10 minutes he was on he became virtually the 1st midfielder to have a shot in anger on target all season, and with his weaker foot (if I've forgotten any, happy to be corrected).  It was a wierd sensation seeing the opposition keeper make a save, I'd forgotten its supposed to be normal.  That's why we've signed him, because he isnt league 2 level (in a good way, not like the summer signings). 

It never fails to amaze me how poor the players are in this league when it comes to basic things like striking a ball cleanly, so Maddison will stand out, he's not going to get sent off every week.

12 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Stupid red card as bad first touch and didn’t need to make the tackle.

gave away probably a dozen crap free kicks when their players had back to goal, so no need to challenge.

first 30, no shots or crosses

2 points tossed away

4 wins in 14 at home

16 off top with 60 to play for

bad game management all over the park

thommason played really well

West Ham lad looked decent

good finish for goal

Wasn’t a first touch was a misplaced pass. 

• Site Supporter

It’s all about next season when we have a proper squad, and thousands of scruffy notrights  destroying backwaters up and down the land as we get promoted by Easter 

Edited by Spider

24 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Maybe. Arthur more of a sub for me though, coming on against tired legs.

Isgrove the same, doesnt do much in 1st half.  Just my opinion but Arthur far better whether starting or finishing, and although irrelevant now I'd have him before Kioso too, 1 of the few players with strength and skill who can carry the ball (not literally).

37 minutes ago, deanmilly said:

Maddison believed all his hype that came with the move, tried playing like Neymar... was rusty as fuck due to lack of sharpness most probably gave it away and lunged in like a stroppy kid who wasn`t getting his own way. Playing for himself and not his new teammates, we was in full control and looked like we would have killed them off. Dapo legit stole his shine, luckily for Maddison there's lots of games to redeem himself but do that again and good luck getting a contract anywhere next season. He tried way too hard from the go, Dapo kept things simple but looked way more sharper and a step above 

Was just like that! came in like king dick! The West ham lad immediately on ball looked different gravy. See the few verbal's between delf and maddison leading upto it. delf knew he was like a bull int China shop saw at least twice in a few minutes like wtf are you doing it was fuckin embarrassing from maddison. More worrying than maddison is our commentary team its a piss take! Bolton really look good in the transmission stage.... passing the ball to dm then bk to cb... we were lucky to go 1 in front. Let's not dress it up. Behind evatt but were going nowhere soon n fuck that commentator off 😤 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I wouldn't say we were in complete control, at 1 nil you never are.

It's an honest enough interview and I can feel his frustration, if Stevenage have won at Trampmere, Saturday isn't going to be a forgone conclusion, mind you... it never is.

Adults referring to Tranmere as Trampmere sounds ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You "gave up" at Christmas, then changed your mind a week later because Evatt said we should still be aiming for promotion, but you've changed your mind back again because we drew at home against 6th in the League? Fuck me.

We’re have I changed my mind ? evatt said we need to win 15 of the remaining games to get promoted not me .
Never said I believed him .

Just said going of is own reckoning we would have to win every home game so it’s slipping away   

So wind your neck in . 

1 hour ago, deanmilly said:

Was how I saw it with Maddison, had a bad feeling something like the red was going to happen, too wired when Evatt would have been hoping for him to show his quality with a bit of control. We'd have won 2 or 3 nil if he'd stayed on. Anyhow, he's fessed up, said sorry, move on. 

As Mounts said, we were getting on top of them when he made the changes, I was slightly surprised he made them so soon, maybe a bit of grandstanding to their boss who was getting under his skin. 

Although frustrating result a lot to like over the 90 mins, Thomason tremendous, improving loads week by week. MJ solid and tidy, handy that he's a bit taller and won a few headers. Arthur good solid game again. A superb breakaway goal. Solid defending across back four till we were one short and under the cosh late on. Afolayan going to give us some excitement, clearly got some quality about him. 

Maddison may just need to reflect, train well and maybe start next time, so he eases into the game in a bit more controlled way. He knows he's been a tit tonight, hopefully he's not as numb as some would have us believe and he'll learn from it

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

All of this is wrong.

You can’t waste time playing around at the back making poor sometimes short passes and not taking the game to the opposition ,not even having a shot in the first 30 odd minutes. We’re at home to morecombe  and we’ve only had about 15 mins of decent football.