Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe (H)

desperado

16 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Yep. I understand what you mean. Arguably lost us 2 points & cost a huge amount of angst. I hope the ref's spoken to.

I'm a regular critic of Evatt but, fair's fair, he backed the lad in this & hopefully it gives Maddison a feeling of belonging.

Me too, but I agree.

I am hoping it may just have knocked the skin of Madison too, so longer term will help him/us!

4 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

That's 2 reds we have had rescinded, says as much about the shithouse refs in this league as it does the shithouse play actors

I cant remember the other one?  But the Delaney one was a complete joke, so that's 2 in quick succession that just shouldn't have happened (not to mention the ghost pen in the same incident as 1st booking).  That's probably cost us 3 points over the 2 games, and Tranmere have profited from plenty points in the other direction playing against 10 men a few times.  Just annoying, I would say bring on the VAR but that's been proved to be even worse. 

The other red rescinded was Evatts. I reckon we’ve been bummed out of 8 - 10 points through dubious refereeing decisions so far this season. Maybe other clubs could say the same, i dunno. But i can’t remember one contentious penalty being awarded to us this season, or one single opposition player being sent off, the amount of 50/50 challenges that don’t get awarded our way is incredible and don’t even get me started on goals we’ve had disallowed.I think the point i’m trying to make is, all Referees are cunts.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members
4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Previously stated about the likes of Webb, Dean and Gallagher etc. - seems a long time since we were sure that all premier league refs were cunts

Even Uriah Rennie, but he was our cunt, he loved reffing us 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

At least 3 - Leyton Orient away, Tranmere home and away

Didn't concede a pen against Orient did we? The only other one was against Crewe in the EFL Trophy.

Edit: Sorry, we did, but Crellin saved it. How could I forget that?

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, gregbwfc said:

Conceded a pen against Bradford didn't we ?

Which Crellin saved.

We keep saying how bad the standard of reffing is at this level.

It bloody well isn't if you're our opposition.

Fucking hell. Yeah.