Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (H)

Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter

Most nervous I’ve been all season. I think it’s the physical and psychological difference one win (and not winning) could make. To see us jump 6 places, go up to 13th, within 7 points of the play-offs would provide and massive boost for the owners, manager, players and fans alike. 7 points from 3 home games would have the feel of having turned a corner and would have us all hoping and believing that this seasons dream is still alive.

But if we don’t....... well let’s not go there.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, desperado said:

Most nervous I’ve been all season. I think it’s the physical and psychological difference one win (and not winning) could make. To see us jump 6 places, go up to 13th, within 7 points of the play-offs would provide and massive boost for the owners, manager, players and fans alike. 7 points from 3 home games would have the feel of having turned a corner and would have us all hoping and believing that this seasons dream is still alive.

But if we don’t....... well let’s not go there.

Similar. We have 20 games in maybe 11 or 12 weeks coming up, a strong squad now. It’s now or never this season

5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Aye, let’s be having them

Serious pal be nice after so much shite served up in recent years that we see a game off before h/t instead of making it hard for ourselves 

• Members
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Serious pal be nice after so much shite served up in recent years that we see a game off before h/t instead of making it hard for ourselves 

We used to always spank someone every now and then in our Prem days, be lovely to see it today 

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

We used to always spank someone every now and then in our Prem days, be lovely to see it today 

Aye even parky dished a few spankings out 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Frankly I'm disappointed. I've not read a "they're a good team these guys" yet.

Scary.

Well - seeing as you've brought it up - they have only lost 2 in the last 10 ( since Christmas ) , so it might not be as easy as some folks think. 

I reckon a tight game during which we set a new league two record for passes completed ( mainly in our own half ) and go on to sneak a 1-0 win late on

12 hours ago, Ros Coe said:

Sheff Wed match postponed due to frozen pitch the day before a game. And Hillsboro used to be a preferred venue for FA Cup semi finals..

12 hours ago, Traf said:

Rotherham's game is off and they're in a relatively new stadium.

Should be mandatory to install undersoil heating in new builds.

Under soil heating only works efficiently as a pre-emptive measure until about -4 and even then can only be operated in certain circumstances or you’ll just end up with a waterlogged pitch from the melted ice. Plus it costs about 4 grand just to switch on.