Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (H)

Burndens Bogs

Poor second half but got the win when we could have completely lost our heads after another injustice. Feel like there's a lot more to come from us an attacking unit when Maddison gets settled in. I'm counting John's goal as a long range cracker.

6 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Are you kidding, we deserved nothing we were crap.they outplayed us all over the pitch, we’re weak, spineless and clueless and lucky as well today. Until we can put teams like this to the sword we’re going nowhere I’m afraid.

Outplayed us !!!!! , how many shots did they have on target , or shots for that matter .

It was a scrappy game with 2 teams cancelling each other out . I agree it wasn't pretty on the eye though.

11 minutes ago, captainmed said:

A wins a win and we saw it out well.

My God though we’re a poor team.

Good summary.  We don't look like a team at all, the defence played well and that's why we won, aside from a great shot from John, everyone seems to be playing their own little game.  

Huge relief to get away from bottom 5 though, and well played the centre backs, not often we've said that.

Relieved at that.

So many of those players are new/fairly new. A lot of talent there but no real team cohesion. It's understandable given the rapid player turnover and its a result of poor recruitment last Summer and (obviously) the previous situations. Hopefully from here onward we become more settled and build a side who get to know each other.

11 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Are you kidding, we deserved nothing we were crap.they outplayed us all over the pitch, we’re weak, spineless and clueless and lucky as well today. Until we can put teams like this to the sword we’re going nowhere I’m afraid.

Total bollocks imo. That reads like the summary from a man that would have been happier if we’d drawn or lost.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

1 minute ago, dusan nikolic said:

Outplayed us !!!!! , how many shots did they have on target , or shots for that matter .

It was a scrappy game with 2 teams cancelling each other out . I agree it wasn't pretty on the eye though.

You watched the match, take your rose tinted off and let’s just be honest. That second half was a disgrace and we were out passed, outfought and outthought and how they didn’t at least equalise is down purely to luck and bad finishing. 

Signs of a good team, taking an early lead, grinding out a win playing with ten men in tough weather conditions. 

Before the off I looked at our lineup and thought (although a bit heavy in attacking players), it would look more than capable in a division above. Especially with the strength in depth and players to come in. 

Thomason has really won me over in the last couple of games. Previously thought he was a bit slow to get it under, a bit unorthodox, perhaps lightweight and more of a luxury. He’s showing he can do a lot of the dirty work, and gets everywhere. 

Three points. Clean sheet. Happy Saturday. 

This league is about being the least shit, we do not have any world beaters, but no one else does. 

Doyle Fonz Maddison and West Spammer means we have 2 in midfield. 

I thought Thomason was excellent again today especially the amount of ground covered. Williams was doing a job.