Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (H)

Burndens Bogs

9 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Cheating Bastard Referees is my best theory..

We need to be back in the ground to tell them they don't know what they're doing.

But... we are giving away too many free kicks in mid field all of which are open to soft cards, been happening all season and it is winding me up. Just like us not being able to manage the time at the end of the match

19 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Still trying to fathom how our two new midfield signings end up getting soft red cards for tackling in the same position, at the same stage in the match and on the same score-line...

Reminds me of a year ago, 2 consecutive home games, Lowe sent off for a late challenge v Shrewsbury when we were 1 up.  A week later v Burton, 3-2 down, another straight red, for Murphy with another very similar challenge to the Lowe one.

I'm going to guess that no other team has had 4 straight reds in home games since last January.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Reminds me of a year ago, 2 consecutive home games, Lowe sent off for a late challenge v Shrewsbury when we were 1 up.  A week later v Burton, 3-2 down, another straight red, for Murphy with another very similar challenge to the Lowe one.

I'm going to guess that no other team has had 4 straight reds in home games since last January.

The ref today didn't even give himself thinking time, he couldn't wait to give that red.

Frankly, he'll look a right twat once that get reviewed. The man is hopeless

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

One thing for sure about todays game, Trevor Kettle is a cunt and needs his face boiling, 5 reds in the last 6 games against us is shocking!

Sending Anderson off for trying to get on with the game takes the biscuits.

The EFL need to look at his reds against us

• Site Supporter

Just based on the number of reds against us, the EFL ought to think hard about his appointment to any of our games in future. 

The bloke’s a cheat! I don’t know what he has against Bolton but word is, his family all support Stoke and he just happened to be reffing Barnsley v Stoke with Barnsley leading 3-1. An easy solution; give Stoke a couple of very dubious penalties to even the game up a bit.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

The ref today didn't even give himself thinking time, he couldn't wait to give that red.

Frankly, he'll look a right twat once that get reviewed. The man is hopeless

Hes useless

#kettlewatch

1 hour ago, ianofcleveleys said:

Just because Sarcevic happens to be captain, doesn't mean he's a cert to be back in. He hasn't made himself indispensable by any means. Another of our collection of 'quality players' that Evatt needs to work out how to get the best from. If Fonz not fit and he is, maybe the 10 role might be the answer, affecting the game in forward areas without too much responsibility for tackling back

Its only opinions, I could be wrong.  My opinion is he's captain, and a marquee signing in IEs own words, so he's a cert to be back in.  Time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I hope so, he has ben  underwhelming so far. 

Just now, Biggish Dave said:

I think so. He's not been happy in a shit team

He’s probably been frustrated like we have but I think the guy with half decent players around him will come good, and tbf he digs deep 3 last minute equalisers he has something about him 

5 hours ago, Arrested development said:

That second half was shite. A win is win but there is no way this team is winning three or four on the bounce.  Zero chance.

They are too content to pass the ball around the back four instead of getting the second goal. No urgency, no movement, no nothing going forward. 

Play like that again in midweek and we will get beat . Fucking shite. 

Just done 2 wins and a draw and next 5 or 6 are acutely winnable

We got 3 points and a clean sheet.

they weren’t the worst we have played.

starting to get some consistency, let 1 goal in, in 3 games, good run of fixtures coming up, keep winning and who knows.

crap red card, from a ref who has sent 5 off in our last 6 he has reffed, surely get that over turned

only negative is we should be putting teams like that to the sword

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Good servant was Darby, and at the time he never let us down, and he was the first BWFC player I witnessed to score a Wembley, the 0-3 v Bristol City was a great day out but a shit result, the 4-1 v Torquay was a brilliant day out and a brilliant result, still one of my best ever days in Football.

I remember junior Marple had a few coaching sessions from jules whilst he was there - great drive and enthusiasm - came across really well.

a good player for us back in the day.

30 minutes ago, marple whites said:

I remember junior Marple had a few coaching sessions from jules whilst he was there - great drive and enthusiasm - came across really well.

a good player for us back in the day.

If our recent struggles have any positives, one of them is that some players from the 80s and 90s are seen in a different light.  10 years ago, anyone from the Div 3 years was looked down on, like JT, Tomo, Brownie couldnt lace the boots of the Prem stars.  Now that we have league 2 standard players, we can more easily appreciate the Darbys, Philliskirks, Cowdrills.  What would we give for them now.  Respect to Jules, scored scored some cracking goals, short range, long range, headers - and by all accounts a great coach, a ball boy, a top bloke and a BW fan born and bred.  Deserves to be up there on any BW legend list.  

48 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Good servant was Darby, and at the time he never let us down, and he was the first BWFC player I witnessed to score at Wembley, the 0-3 v Bristol City was a great day out but a shit result, the 4-1 v Torquay was a brilliant day out and a brilliant result, still one of my best ever days in Football.

I’ll always like him for him giving me his complimentary ticket at 2.55 at wolves away in the cup when I couldn’t get a ticket. Top fella. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The 2 nil after the Liverpool fixture?, yep I got one. We was superb that day.... win 2 nil, seriously there was a Wolves contingent clapping us as we left the ground, will never happen again.

Clapping Jesus

my old mans car had a fucking brick on the backseat