Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (H)

Burndens Bogs

• The topic was unpinned
56 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

In which case most teams would chuck in appeal if they had an important match coming up

I know some sports will increase the ban for frivolous appeals but didn’t think football did 

What's the option ?

"You're banned".

"I appeal"

"OK. We'll hear it on Thursday. Till ten You're banned".

"But I've got a match on Wednesday".

"Oh dear, how sad, never mind".

You can't give a banned match back.

Plus it's hardly a frivolous challenge. I'd be surprised if we won it, but I thought that last week too. Same when Evatt won his. If we were callenging everything they'd have us for disrepute. 

18 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

What's the option ?

"You're banned".

"I appeal"

"OK. We'll hear it on Thursday. Till ten You're banned".

"But I've got a match on Wednesday".

"Oh dear, how sad, never mind".

You can't give a banned match back.

Plus it's hardly a frivolous challenge. I'd be surprised if we won it, but I thought that last week too. Same when Evatt won his. If we were callenging everything they'd have us for disrepute. 

I think if the FL uphold the red there is an automatic one game increase to the ban

1 hour ago, bwfc2003 said:

I think if the FL uphold the red there is an automatic one game increase to the ban

There isn't. It's an option 

Here are the basics of lodging a claim:

• It was a straight sending off – You can’t appeal a sending off that comes from receiving two cautions in the same match.
  • Clubs must lodge the complaint for the player and in a timely manner – They have until 1pm the next working day to do so.
  • Clubs pay for the privilege – Premier League clubs pay £1500 to lodge the claim. Lower league clubs pay progressively less. If they lose their appeal, they don’t get the fee back.
  • Only written and video (DVD) evidence is allowed – Neither the clubs nor the referees can address the Commission in person.
  • A three-person Commission is convened – The FA confirms that everything is in order, and then hands the case over to this commission.
  • The Commission’s ruling is absolute – There are no appeals allowed after a Commission has decided.
  • If the Commission upholds the punishment, they then consider whether or not to increase it – If the Commission decides that the claim had no prospect of success or could be considered abuse of the system, they can add additional matches to the suspension, up to the maximum given (so, three, in standard cases). This is used quite rarely, obviously, due to how controversial it could prove to be.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Well, that's 3 of 3 now. The club must be able to approach tje League to ask what's going on.

Who was the 3rd?  (apologies if repeating from the other day). 

And you can't appeal 2 yellows, if you could Delaney's gets overturned, neither are bookings and debateable if they are fouls.

Kioso's 2nd booking at Carlisle is harsh, but at least that was probably a foul, not sure why a yellow though.