Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Beer Gardens

bolton_blondie

4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I like sun drinking but only if it's not too hot. Shrewsbury a few years ago was perfect beer drinking weather

Lovely that day wasn’t it

remember Southampton around 2004 it was smoking beer garden before sun beaming down during the game night out cut short I was burnt😀

Love supping ice cold ale in the sun...

Once I'd been teetotal for about six months, went to a sparsely attended pre-season (Olympiakos iirc) - everyone was taking their pints up.

Sprawled out in the sun, feet up, and it was only that pissy Fosters but it was ice cold and after a long absence from the beer and a shorter one from football...

Bliss.

Makes me thirsty just thinking about it...

😍

6 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Did a few of them myself, some good lads went on them. Were you on the Charlton one where the coach broke down? Ended up turning back as we'd never make the game, a few scoops on the way back, got our travel money back and there was the Howcroft beer fesitval on when we landed back.

That was a boozy day

I vaguely remember the wheel coming off the coach on the motorway and overtaking us, was that Charlton?

love drinking in the sun.

love drinking in fannies slicking my hair back in with my shades and Ralph Lauren knitwear thinking I’m minted.

To be fair love anywhere with a garden. My old neighbour took us to Queen Anne a few times in whitefield which was nice and Goats gate has been re done up bob on. 

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I vaguely remember the wheel coming off the coach on the motorway and overtaking us, was that Charlton?

Not sure if the wheel came off, I more remember being bored shitless at Keele services for about 3 hours waiting for it to get fixed

20 minutes ago, tomski said:

love drinking in fannies slicking my hair back in with my shades and Ralph Lauren knitwear thinking I’m minted.

To be fair love anywhere with a garden. My old neighbour took us to Queen Anne a few times in whitefield which was nice and Goats gate has been re done up bob on. 

Queen Anne is a decent little boozer tucked away, goats gate even though done up has the same clientele city cnuts 

Just now, bolton_blondie said:

Hasn't it been done for drugs related stuff recently? Goats Gate I mean

All sorts 40 man brawl on the car park last year it will never shake off the local riff raff

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Are you really surprised, Covid aside?

These days the price of a pint can buy you 0.5 of a 440ml can from the shops.

No, I'm not surprised Youri. I don't get your maths though.

For all sorts of reasons it's not the pubs fault. You know the reasons as much as me why people (Covid aside) are not going to the pub.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, tomski said:

goats gate = joey holts , nuff said

9 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Did a few of them myself, some good lads went on them. Were you on the Charlton one where the coach broke down? Ended up turning back as we'd never make the game, a few scoops on the way back, got our travel money back and there was the Howcroft beer fesitval on when we landed back.

That was a boozy day

Aye, we were on that one.......it first broke down at one of the services this side of Brum, while a full coachload of pissed off Bolton fans were standing around ,a van full of Blackpool fans parked up right next to us......i bet the driver was dead popular after that !!........eventually the coach started again & there was a vote on whether or not to keep going & we did........only to break down again near Walsall, so we dived in a pub & gave up on the game...............when the coach was fixed again we insisted on going to Macclesfield where a good number of us stayed till late getting back to the Howcroft for last orders & a refund.  Happy days.

As said, it was a good bunch on the Howcroft coaches, a mixture of retired hooligans & big boozers but everyone got on.