Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

These League 2 Referees

Burndens Bogs

So we’re getting a bit if a rough deal from these fuckers this season.

5 Red cards for us so far this season - none for our opponents, 4 penalties awarded against us, 1 penalty awarded in our favour. Disallowed goals. bookings, and strange decisions aplenty.

If it was just a case of the Refs being shit, surely 50% of those shit decisions would come our way? - but they don't, far from it.

Is it just them getting a bit giddy & wanting to stick it up a team that used to sit at the top table, or  could it be something a bit more sinister?

The EFL surely wouldn’t brief refs to fuck us over...would they?

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

5 Red cards for us so far this season - none for our opponents, 4 penalties awarded against us, 1 penalty awarded in our favour. Disallowed goals. bookings, and strange decisions aplenty.

If it was just a case of the Refs being shit, surely 50% of those shit decisions would come our way? - but they don't, far from it.

Is it just them getting a bit giddy & wanting to stick it up a team that used to sit at the top table, or  could it be something a bit more sinister?

No 

10 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Aren’t the refs controlled by that bastion of fairness and goodwill towards us Mike Riley? I know he heads up PGMOL.

On 14/02/2021 at 00:49, Burndens Bogs said:

Mike Dean hates us and some of these refs are likely to be his mates

I find it very dificult to believe there's an active conspiracy against Bolton Wanderers ... certainly these days. Though during the Premiership years there was clearly sonething going on.

Riley, bent as a 9 bob note, Clattenberg may as well have booked Kevin Davies in the warm up coz he sure as Hell was going to in the game.

I read once of a Referee's Away-Day where a top ref was happily bragging that they used to sit in a room watching match video's and jeer incorrect referring decisions. All part of 'team building' apparently. But he let slip that they all used to boo Sam Allardyce whenever he came up on the screen.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

5 players + the manager sent off in 8 games. It’s not even like we’re a physical team ffs.In fact i’d say it’s the most lightweight Bolton team in years.

It is indeed the most lightweight Bolton teams in years. How many of us has said ' if only we had a (insert Bolton hothead of your choice) in this side'.

Mad Ged, Super John, Stig, SKD, the list is endless.

• Site Supporter

And there’s the issue. I’m not saying there’s an official line to just fuck over Bolton Wanderers but another rescinded red card added to the obvious reds not awarded against opponents it looks very much like there is but probably only to those with a vested interest in the club.

Does anyone think any supporter of any other club looks at our plight and wonders if Bolton are having a rough time from the match officials? They won’t have even noticed.

I used to work with a prem ref. I used to complain to him about how Bolton got a rough deal in those early prem years ... 

He told me , that if you are a team struggling to win games then bad ref  decisions against you seem to be exaggerated because you think they are so important to the outcome of the game . If you are playing well, in charge of the game, winning by a couple of goals, then a dodgy free kick or offside call doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

After a while I sort of agreed with him . The sending off against Morecambe wouldn't have mattered if we were cruising at 2 nil or 3 nil.

Calling out refs is in most cases uncalled for . There is no conspiracy theory against us . 

Just my opinion

• Site Supporter

I agree Nottm, its just odd how many we have had, with 2 overturned, and other far worse things against us, not punished.

I generally believe these things even out, but add that to the number of penalties not given, and you start questioning all sorts- especially the quality of referees.