Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

English teams in Europe

Underpants

10 minutes ago, Underpants said:

With the obvious exception of one I think I want all English teams in Europe to do well. I reckon deep down I would rather our bankrolled lot beat their bankrolled lot.

*but it is very funny when they get beat sometimes.

1.1 billion in debt Barca, wish it would all implode myself. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members
17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

1.1 billion in debt Barca, wish it would all implode myself. 

Word on the monkey bars is they can’t afford to keep the little argie.

I always like an underdog in Europe. I get bored of seeing the usual suspects in the final 

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, Underpants said:

With the obvious exception of one I think I want all English teams in Europe to do well. I reckon deep down I would rather our bankrolled lot beat their bankrolled lot.

*but it is very funny when they get beat sometimes.

Pretty much how I feel, even United to be honest, think we're in the minority though

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I want United to lose in every game they play against, irrespective of which country they're from.

They used to be then only English team i wanted to fail in Europe but now I find myself hoping Liverpool do too.

Yep, totally agree.

I think it’s the way that they’re so fucking needy and think that they have a divine right to win trophies.

I never thought that I’d ever want RB Leipzig to score 3 goals in 20 minutes. 

23 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I want United to lose in every game they play against, irrespective of which country they're from.

They used to be then only English team i wanted to fail in Europe but now I find myself hoping Liverpool do too.

This. 100% this.

In my 'list of teams I never, ever want to win' Livetpool have probably gone marginally ahead of Stretford but that still has Stretford getting f'call.

After that ... well, who cares ? But I do like to see the smug 'usual suspects' to get a comeuppance. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

This. 100% this.

In my 'list of teams I never, ever want to win' Livetpool have probably gone marginally ahead of Stretford but that still has Stretford getting f'call.

After that ... well, who cares ? But I do like to see the smug 'usual suspects' to get a comeuppance. 

I’ll send you a dose

11 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

If you find one let me know, I just can't feel  any hatred to any English club in the European comps.

Want 'em to lose every game domestically

When Stretford played Benfica in 1968 I was devastated that they won. I still maintain they were lucky &/or bribed the ref. Or our telly was on the blink.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

5 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Man Utd obsession again

Full thread on wigan hate scousers blah blah 

It’s not obsession. 

Expert football pub fans who can’t get tickets, do they ever try?

Glory hunters, never go, don’t watch but massive fans. 

I usually want the big English clubs to win but not the medium sized ones, i'd be jealous it wasn't Bolton if the likes of Middlesbrough, Leicester or Wolves won the Uefa Cup

Back in 1985 when I tuned in it to watch the European Cup Final I wanted Liverpool to win but changed my mind pre match when their fans committed the murders.I have wanted them to lose every European final since then.