Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

English teams in Europe

Underpants

13 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

1.1 billion in debt Barca, wish it would all implode myself. 

Think UEFA are busy trying to ensure the football cake is divided up even more unfairly than it currently is to support the likes of Barca 

Just read the latest proposal from UEFA to be discussed by Premier League tomorrow 

Reform of the Champions League will see an increase in the number of games from 125 to 225 per season 

Talk of how this will impact on domestic league and club revenues and domestic cup competitions 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fears-that-champions-league-expansion-could-impact-value-of-premier-league-tv-deal-z5jf270vx?shareToken=5ebd8797aae989483d3e746d7ae0dc31

I've always wanted the scum to lose, in any game.

I used to want the English sides to do well.

That's changed now.

I don't want the murderers, their neighbours or Arsenal to win - and Wiggun when they were in Europe.

The rest? Good luck to them......

14 hours ago, DazBob said:

I want United to lose in every game they play against, irrespective of which country they're from.

They used to be then only English team i wanted to fail in Europe but now I find myself hoping Liverpool do too.

IMO the scum failing just has a big cherry plonked on the top when other English teams do well [in Europe].

And Liverpool doing well is a brandy-soaked super-duper oversized glacé cherry.

If Stretford didn't exist then I'd probably loathe LFC, however they do, and any Liverpool success salts the wound of filth failure.

It's a necessary evil unfortunately.

City doing well doesn't even come close to matching it...

A childhood surrounded by plastic rags means this stance will never alter.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

14 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

IMO the scum failing just has a big cherry plonked on the top when other English teams do well [in Europe].

And Liverpool doing well is a brandy-soaked super-duper oversized glacé cherry.

If Stretford didn't exist then I'd probably loathe LFC, however they do, and any Liverpool success salts the wound of filth failure.

It's a necessary evil unfortunately.

City doing well doesn't even come close to matching it...

A childhood surrounded by plastic rags means this stance will never alter.

Well done Youri

all for british clubs doing well in europe, apart from our 2 anti british teams ,the red filth down the road, and the green bunch in scotland, both dispicable clubs who will never get any support of me, even cancelled a phone contract when vodafone sponsored them down the road

I really want City to win it.....then nobody has any reason to play down how good they have been over the last 6 years or so.

Any other team wins the trophies they do, gets lauded.

Foden has so far won double the amount of trophies than Steven Gerrard won his whole career.

I can't get over how little people talk about the treble they won, had the 2 red filth teams done that.....national holidays!!

They could win the treble again.....and not concede another goal ALL season...yet the gammon and "44 fooking2" fans would just say..."Yeeah but they aint won the Champs League...."

🤣🤣

Edited by Pablo

• Members
6 minutes ago, Pablo said:

I really want City to win it.....then nobody has any reason to play down how good they have been over the last 6 years or so.

Any other team wins the trophies they do, gets lauded.

Foden has so far won double the amount of trophies than Steven Gerrard won his whole career.

I can't get over how little people talk about the treble they won, had the 2 red filth teams done that.....national holidays!!

They could win the treble again.....and not concede another goal ALL season...yet the gammon and "44 fooking2" fans would just say..."Yeeah but they aint won the Champs League...."

🤣🤣

I’ve said it before City aren’t interested in just winning the Champions league, they want a winning mentality across all tournaments at every level. 
They get mocked for constantly winning the league cup (which I don’t understand) but got laughed at for not winning a trophy for 40 odd years. They don’t care what others think, they know for the last 10 years they have dominated English Football. I’d love to know which teams in the world in the last 10 have won more trophies. 

9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I’ve said it before City aren’t interested in just winning the Champions league, they want a winning mentality across all tournaments at every level. 
They get mocked for constantly winning the league cup (which I don’t understand) but got laughed at for not winning a trophy for 40 odd years. They don’t care what others think, they know for the last 10 years they have dominated English Football. I’d love to know which teams in the world in the last 10 have won more trophies. 

Eeexactly mate, they just win, and have dominated...yet some will say they have not, strangely.

16 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Maybe Bayern from the “proper” leagues? Not sure if they have two domestic cups, mind.

30 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Surely the top brass want CL? 

• Members
17 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Surely the top brass want CL? 

They want everything, at every level. League cup, charity shield intertoto, WSL, if they have a team in it they want it 

but more than anything they want the winning mentality in the clubs DNA 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

They want everything, at every level. League cup, charity shield intertoto, WSL, if they have a team in it they want it 

but more than anything they want the winning mentality in the clubs DNA 

I get that but ultimately they haven’t won it yet so perhaps something has to give?

it’s a long old season to be going all out and winning everything other clubs have prioritised down the years  

• Members
3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I get that but ultimately they haven’t won it yet so perhaps something has to give?

it’s a long old season to be going all out and winning everything other clubs have prioritised down the years  

They want it like any other club but it’s not a monkey on their back that they haven’t won it. 

Just now, tomski said:

Agree on Man City.

love the fact Pep goes for the league cup the disgrace are the others that don’t.

pep is the best manager in the world 

I did see that The Dmbs spend on average over £4m for each point they collate in wages in the last 5 years. Useless wankers

Thing is with City, twelve and a half years since the money arrived and still nowt doing with the European Cup...

If they'd won it a couple of times I'd be willing them to get a third, then a fourth - it'd be highly amusing.

As it stands they've failed.

So I'd rather they continue to do so, if only for not usurping the neighbouring set of twats.

München not qualifying at all or doing shite warms my heart...

On 17/02/2021 at 09:26, Biggish Dave said:

I couldn't give a toss about any of our sides in Europe. If they win a trophy, so what. If they get knocked out early, so what again. 

I'm with you.  I am a football obsessive, but I've lost all interest in the European stuff since it became a league, it seems to go on for ever.  Course I'll watch the champions league final in the same way I'll watch the domestic cup finals, but an hour after its finished its a bit "so what?".  Doesn't compare to promotion, relegation deciders and play offs.

As for Europa league, well and truly a waste of everyone's time on a par with Football League Trophy, even the participants appear not to want to be in it so not sure why fans of other teams would care.  I've no idea of any results this week and wouldn't know the significance of them if I did.