Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lent

Dr Faustus

Anyone bother?

I like to try a little abstinence, not for religious purposes but to prove to myself I have some sort of self control. I need to be realistic though. I've gone for bread this year; want to get back on track and far too much boozing to be had to try and do away with alcohol. So thats no pizza, barms, pittas, muffins, cobs, warbies, baguettes, toasties, sub rolls, tiger loaf, foccacia...

not that i'm missing it already

I'm giving up rollerblading.

I've long avoided the news, papers, social media (apart from here)...

Social media is the very definition of life in bad faith - taking owt from there as indicative of reality, nah.

It's simple to excise the above - anything important seeps through eventually. Anything trivial, moronic or guaranteed to enrage is excluded.

Zen-like bliss ensues. 😀

Edited by Youri McAnespie

No ale for me now till its a pint in a pub.

Tried it a few weeks ago but failed dramatically.

Ready to go again now.

Not for religion by the way as all religion is complete and utter made up fantasy bollocks that has no place whatsoever in the world today.

I saw a poster once, it was African and when AIDS was all the rage...They were trying to discourage all the bummin', not bloke on bloke bummin', man on woman bummin'.

Apparently it was being used as a form of birth control, but also when women were pregnant as loads of blokes thought doing their missus up the right 'un meant involving the baby - the most common belief being the baby could grab the old man.

Because of low literacy levels this poster had hardly no text but two diagram-style cross sections of a women with child and bloke going 'in', one was anatomically correct and had an undisturbed unborn with a serene look and a big green tick next to it.

T'other one had a malevolent looking fetus grabbing the man's pecker with a claw - this had a big red cross next to it.

Well, it amused me.

I daren't Google image search it - probably end up on the register.