Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Southend (A)

Leyther_Matt

36 minutes ago, captainmed said:

That pub/strip club on the sea-front was a strange old place.

Had a few in there at the called off game 4 years ago.

The foresters? Got a few mates that live down there and they took us in one Saturday afternoon without any warning, next minute we’re being served cans of fosters whilst some 45 year sits down at our table and gets her snatch out - interesting establishment!

• Members
9 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Can we score another fluke goal and then get an own goal so everyone is happy clappy about Evattino again ? 

Back to reality sadly..

And Southend in February, what a good excuse to miss this one.

All that aside its a lovely day.

You really are a monumental bell

16 minutes ago, burnden said:

Fluke , OG , In off someones arse, a screamer any goals will do they all count the same .....lets bring the points home #coywm

Dead right Burnden and why has nobody given John credit for firing the ball in at the defender who was facing goal leaving him no chance of avoiding it. I don’t think it was as much a fluke own goal as some are suggesting.

58 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Can we score another fluke goal and then get an own goal so everyone is happy clappy about Evattino again ? 

Back to reality sadly..

And Southend in February, what a good excuse to miss this one.

All that aside its a lovely day.

I presume you live alone Hughmongo? I can’t believe anybody would choose to be in the same house with such a miserable tw@t!

3 hours ago, marple whites said:

Thought the team might have flown to this.

where will they stay with no hotels officially open ?  In fact been wondering where any teams are staying if they need to do overnighters.

My stepson is in RAF and they've been doing vaccinating in Derbyshire, they're put up in a hotel near Burton.

Most weeks he bumps into a football team staying overnight, they are always either playing at Derby or Burton.

Saw Dean Holden in reception a couple of weeks ago, obviously he didnt have a clue about his BW connection but I soon put him right.

3 hours ago, marple whites said:

Thought the team might have flown to this.

where will they stay with no hotels officially open ?  In fact been wondering where any teams are staying if they need to do overnighters.

Hotels are rammed I went away for work last month struggled to get in

Always remember years ago Southend away game their fans had been having ago at us all match then game finished they ran on the pitch towards us and we managed to get on the pitch towards them police came out with dogs but the dogs were so scared they hid behind the police as we all started shouting and chanting they only had one turnstile open to let us out bloody chaos 

3 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

And Southend isnt like Benidorm in February ?

Benidorm has had its restrictions extended till March 1. Bars, cafes, restaurants are takeaway only and most aren't bothering to open. The Stretford End sports Bar is  opening Thu - Sun at the moment for any reds on here who are in Benidorm

14 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Benidorm has had its restrictions extended till March 1. Bars, cafes, restaurants are takeaway only and most aren't bothering to open. The Stretford End sports Bar is  opening Thu - Sun at the moment for any reds on here who are in Benidorm

I know the lad who owns that bar,he’s from L/H used to have 2 bars a few years ago .Dave M is his name last spoke to him 5/6 years ago on Benidorm golf course.