Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Southend (A)

Leyther_Matt

I also agree with comments about Williams. He puts himself about a lot and tries to keep the game flowing, reminds me  of Roy greaves ,not the best but because of his work rate good to have in your team .  We seemed to tire early second half, could be because of the effort put in at Mansfield . Wish they would stop passing back to Gilkes on a bobbly pitch though,  no need for it .great 3 points  in the end c o y w .

I'm beginning to quite a joy being rubbish and winning.

Just wait til it all clicks and we'll be handing out some thrashings.

Wasn't too impressed with Williams last week but thought he was excellent today.

Santos and Baptiste superb again.

John is far too good for this league.

Nigel Clough must be livid with our goal.

37 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

That was as an important a 3 point haul as last time we were there.

This season, I'm delighted other teams have games in hand. Our schedule is hectic, theirs will be stupid.

It's building. 2 reds over turned, 2 games we would probably have lost at the time called off - then 1 won when we did play it. Stuffy win today etc.

I like Williams. We've missed someone like him. 

Not pretty but nuts to it. Beer please inn keeper

Think this is a great point, just looked at the table, when the fuck are Carlisle making up 4-5 games? Their schedule will be insane. We have got the team together, and hit form and fitness at the right time. Still an awful lot to fo but it could be a huge factor 

14 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Finally sounds like Williams is winning people over.

I've liked him from the off but watched him closely today. His positional sense, tacking and passing is spot on most the time. He's a real asset

He was much better today and Lee was as good; Maddison is a passenger but Sarc didn't impress when he came on but at least he tries. Would try Thomason next game and leave Sarc on the bench

45 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I've liked him from the off but watched him closely today. His positional sense, tacking and passing is spot on most the time. He's a real asset

Yeah, nothing wrong with Williams, he does the dirty work, he's like our hod carrier of the team, think he'd be missed if he wasn't playing.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Hughmungus is a genuine fan I reckon.

Every clubs got miserable moaning cunts like that.

He's the guy at work that sucks the life out of you when he comes in.

I agree

@hughmungus must live in Wigan, so I feel for him. And the holiday season seems a long way off......

Shame because if he could only take some joy from his team being in the best form of their season, then it might actually brighten him up.

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

52 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Tutte didn’t do a lot wrong but Williams is a big improvement on him.