Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Southend (A)

Leyther_Matt

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Williams has some engine on him, he runs all day long, proper worker in the middle of the park, exactly what we missed earlier in the season.

Not the prettiest player, won’t score a lot of goals, and will go under the radar but thought he was excellent today 

Muamba for div 4

• Site Supporter

These fluky goals, always seem to happen to the better, more attacking teams.

All 3 as a result of shots/crosses by players trying to get us a goal.

Its no coincidence, and has been going on in football for as long as it has existed. 

Didn't see it, but seems we should have been ahead comfortably in the first half, so despite a poor second, sounds like it was deserved.

Still scope to improve too, certainly in putting the ball in the net, but were heading in the right direction. 

Get them rested, and go again Tuesday. 

We're not far off,....... little things to work on are missing first half chances that should leave us out of sight at h/t, the regular poor starts to the 2nd half & the 2 man midfield sometimes forcing us to go long ball when we don't have a target man. It can all be sorted & i'm expecting it to all click soon & we'll give someone a gubbing.

Big plus is the attacking options we can bring on after 60 mins & really threaten as the game goes on.

MOM  like others have said, Williams.......not pretty but very effective !!  EIEIEIO

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I am surprised we haven’t been relegated yet, with Thomason not in the team 🙄

I’ll take you on.

Even though I’ve never bemoaned Thomasons replacements, or vehemently criticism criticised IE for his selections, I was surprised Thomason was left out after being part of our renaissance and upturn in form. 

But I admit IE has got it right these last 2 games and I put trust in him that he will continue to do this.

As it happens I don’t think this is the last we’ll see of Thomason. On reflection these last 2 games and pitches wouldn’t have suited him, maybe its at home we might see more of him.

Do you not agree that he has potential, that IE has brought the best out in him, that his vision and passing is as good as anything we have in the squad and that he will have a part to play both this season and in the future? 

• Site Supporter

We seem to get goals a bit easier with Thomason playing. Whether the midfield is quite as solid and defensively secure is another matter.

Trying to make some smart arsed comment about his absence however, is cheap and very sad.

We won for fucks sake, as we have also done with him playing.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, desperado said:

I’ll take you on.

Even though I’ve never bemoaned Thomasons replacements, or vehemently criticism criticised IE for his selections, I was surprised Thomason was left out after being part of our renaissance and upturn in form. 

But I admit IE has got it right these last 2 games and I put trust in him that he will continue to do this.

As it happens I don’t think this is the last we’ll see of Thomason. On reflection these last 2 games and pitches wouldn’t have suited him, maybe its at home we might see more of him.

Do you not agree that he has potential, that IE has brought the best out in him, that his vision and passing is as good as anything we have in the squad and that he will have a part to play both this season and in the future? 

Thomasson was on the pitch for at least 2 of our goals at Mansfield

We really do have an embarrassment of riches for this league

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

He was much better today and Lee was as good; Maddison is a passenger but Sarc didn't impress when he came on but at least he tries. Would try Thomason next game and leave Sarc on the bench

Sarc ain't pretty but without him, we don't score

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

He was much better today and Lee was as good; Maddison is a passenger but Sarc didn't impress when he came on but at least he tries. Would try Thomason next game and leave Sarc on the bench

Wouldn't mind seeing Thomason in a more advanced role, but we're doing ok as things are at the moment, so have to trust IE.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Just approaching Stoke Station on route home from a victorious performance at Sarthend, the AHM are pissed off Fosters and cheap red in coach D, Meldrew has given up containing 'H' who has started being abusive to the Citeh fans in coach C and has also upset an elderly couple with his filthy mouth, the main men, Radcliffe, Penfold, myself and the Colonel also in coach D are merrily discussing which club is the biggest out of Villa & Leeds whilst supping the last cans of Moretti, Stella and Sherry.

#AwayDays 👌

Quite funny that dopey

7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Just approaching Stoke Station on route home from a victorious performance at Sarthend, the AHM are pissed off Fosters and cheap red in coach D, Meldrew has given up containing 'H' who has started being abusive to the Citeh fans in coach C and has also upset an elderly couple with his filthy mouth, the main men, Radcliffe, Penfold, myself and the Colonel also in coach D are merrily discussing which club is the biggest out of Villa & Leeds whilst supping the last cans of Moretti, Stella and Sherry.

#AwayDays 👌

You forgot the uppercrust depending on the Burger King queue