Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Southend (A)

Leyther_Matt

1 hour ago, tkonion said:

I noticed he closed the Southend defenders down and stopped them strolling forward unchallenged with the ball, something that we hadn't done previously in this game. Worth his appearance for that alone.

That’s because MM just watches and does FA. Hope he starts to improve but on the performance so far he has shown little quality or effort. Lee was doing his job and Maddison’s at times

31 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

That’s because MM just watches and does FA. Hope he starts to improve but on the performance so far he has shown little quality or effort. Lee was doing his job and Maddison’s at times

Agreed, some of Sarce's best work is off the ball. Madison had his best game so far for us today IMO, he looked sharper, calmer, had a good shot just wide and delivered some decent balls in, grafter he isn't though.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, desperado said:

I’ll take you on.

Even though I’ve never bemoaned Thomasons replacements, or vehemently criticism criticised IE for his selections, I was surprised Thomason was left out after being part of our renaissance and upturn in form. 

But I admit IE has got it right these last 2 games and I put trust in him that he will continue to do this.

As it happens I don’t think this is the last we’ll see of Thomason. On reflection these last 2 games and pitches wouldn’t have suited him, maybe its at home we might see more of him.

Do you not agree that he has potential, that IE has brought the best out in him, that his vision and passing is as good as anything we have in the squad and that he will have a part to play both this season and in the future? 

He is a promising player who does the basics very well. Seeing as everyone is so desperate to get out of this league, I cant see us doing that with him being a regular starter in the team.

He gets on the bench for me, thats about it.

It looks like IE is now thinking the same.

I would have him training with is and on loan at Chorley or Altrincham for the first half of next season.

• Site Supporter

Just took a look at Shrimpersways. On their re-match thread (they divide each game with pre and post game threads.

The first is probably their version of Sluffy.

I watched the Mansfield Bolton match last evening(As SZ Armchair scout) and thought that Mansfield had a few good players including,Macca by the way, survived a few scares and battled into a two goal lead.
Their game had upped a lot since our recent visit there.

But then Bolton just stepped up a gear, in the last quarter, and like a flock of crows on a stubble field(Mansfield pitch) popped in three goals and walked away with three points.

I thought then that even at half pace they would brush us aside on Saturday as we no one capable of getting past Santos and Baptiste and their forward line needs no intro. 

But with todays official announcements of new and rehabilitated blood I think we can now give them perhaps more than a run for their money and even a hiding as some team is now due one from us!

And the reply

Thanks for the review.
According to BBC stats it said that apart from the goals ( which are of course a big thing ) , Bolton has no shots on target.
Is that how you saw it ?
Were they lacking in attacking threat ?

I may have laughed a bit.

7 hours ago, Horwich said:

He is a promising player who does the basics very well. Seeing as everyone is so desperate to get out of this league, I cant see us doing that with him being a regular starter in the team.

He gets on the bench for me, thats about it.

It looks like IE is now thinking the same.

I would have him training with is and on loan at Chorley or Altrincham for the first half of next season.

Give over he’s way beyond that level even now at 18/19 nothing to be gained putting him back into a cloggers league. 

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Give over he’s way beyond that level even now at 18/19 nothing to be gained putting him back into a cloggers league. 

Its only one and two leagues below the league we are in at the moment. Young players sometimes drop down a league or so to develop.

If we have a fully fit squad (plus summer additions), he goes on loan again to develop. 

15 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Its only one and two leagues below the league we are in at the moment. Young players sometimes drop down a league or so to develop.

If we have a fully fit squad (plus summer additions), he goes on loan again to develop. 

He’s to good. Nothing to benefit by playing lower level than he is at the moment. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He’s to good. Nothing to benefit by playing lower level than he is at the moment. 

I just cant see him getting alot of game time this season, if everyone is available.

Edited by Horwich

2 hours ago, Offshore said:

Ian Evatt's interview was a little confusing.....'It's vital that you get the first goal and we really should have got the first goal'.............   We fkn did Ian and we won 0-1 ......

I think he is talking about in the first half. So score when we were on top. 

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Bang on, the lad's shown enough already in the games he's had to show he's at least capable of playing regularly in L2, possibly higher. He's had a good run of games, a lot of them back to back, and in those seen off the likes of White, Comley and Tutte. We have now got sorts like Lee and Williams that ought to be better than him and are, no slight on the lad though and Evatt clearly knows his value and potential. He'll still be in the mix for rest of this season and into next

9 minutes ago, marple whites said:

I listened to the Nigel clough post match Cambridge loss interview and he was blaming the fatigue from losing to us midweek and also intimating how much better Cambridge were.

what a very small man

Did we actually turn him down for the job ?

I know our last minute win over Forest sent him, & Burton, down but ... y'know.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I thought Barnsley were the team immediately below us, not Burton.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Not sure, never ventured to past the midlands in his managerial career.

at the time wouldn’t have said he was a bad shout - but he has gone down in my estimations big time last few weeks