Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

Surely, there’s no question now that we can make the play offs at least? With the squad we have now and probably our best performances still to come, we’re in pole position. With real strength in depth now we should be able to overcome any set backs we face through injury or suspension, unlike most other teams in this league. We just have to keep taking points and taking each game as it comes with a winning attitude. Hopefully we may also get chance to get back into the stadium from next month and that would really be a boost to the players.

29 minutes ago, Razaldo9 said:

(A) at Southend Utd (PPG at home = 0.93)

(H) vs Scunthorpe (PPG away = 1.15)

(H) vs Barrow (PPG away = 0.54)

(A) at Oldham (PPG at home = 0.93)

Feel like we've got to be in contention after these.

If we were to push these 4 over, in quick succession, added to the 10pts from 12 we've just had then we'll be on a roll and caught up a few above us, & looking intimidating.

Then I may allow myself to believe. Before that, though, I just see our results to date, our inability to put teams to the sword and failure to play well for a full 90 minutes.

29 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Everyone wanted to hang IE for his predictions. You’re doing just the same. We aren’t going up. Build for next season and have a proper good go with a settled squad (That includes a goalkeeper)

Coz I'm a desperate fan, not a professional manager,  big difference!

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Because we won't finish high enough. 🤷‍♂️

it's not beyond the realms though

we appeared to have really strengthened the squad

10 from 12

18 games left including today to make a mark on the promotion places - 5 off the play offs

if we don't, never mind, but I couldn't say with any certainty we are going to finish 8th or below

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Zico said:

it's not beyond the realms though

we appeared to have really strengthened the squad

10 from 12

18 games left including today to make a mark on the promotion places - 5 off the play offs

if we don't, never mind, but I couldn't say with any certainty we are going to finish 8th or below

I hope I'm wrong. I just think it's too late, and we're still too inconsistent. If we'd started the season with this squad, I have no doubt we'd be right up there.

42 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I hope I'm wrong. I just think it's too late, and we're still too inconsistent. If we'd started the season with this squad, I have no doubt we'd be right up there.

It’s on!