Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

No. This division is utter shite. The pitches are utter shite. We seem to get going then hit one banana skin or another.

Im with Cheese and like him hope I’m wrong

You have to wonder what it would have been like if crowds had been allowed. Last time in Div 4 towns didn’t know what hit them when we arrived and I’m utterly convinced that helped us massively

If we win these next two home games I'll take our chances seriously. Our home form is W5 D4 L6 . I know it's been OK recently but that needs to be sustained. We play teams in 16th and 23rd next week and any team with credentials would be picking up six points. 

For me, if we are on 47 points this time next week we can start seriously having this conversation about a promotion charge. I'm not quite there yet! 

• Site Supporter

Come on lads and lasses, its ON!! 😀.

Rational, sensible heads gone. Have a few drinks and enjoy the moment. It’s the best position we’ve been in to make a charge for promotion and we are joint top of the form table.

I’m having a night believing 😊

23 minutes ago, desperado said:

Come on lads and lasses, its ON!! 😀.

Rational, sensible heads gone. Have a few drinks and enjoy the moment. It’s the best position we’ve been in to make a charge for promotion and we are joint top of the form table.

I’m having a night believing 😊

Fair enough. And if any set of fans deserves a period of hope and optimism its us.

But we've still lost more home games than we've won. That needs righting over a sustained period. Winning these next two goes some way to that. If we do that, then it is time to really build belief. 

I'm having a night hoping that by this time next Saturday night I can be fully believing

7 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Scunny are right behind us in that form table; its not going to be easy Tuesday night. Tranmere have been stealing points like they did against us

Their purple patch is over now, 1 point from last 2 homes and only 2 points above us in 10 game form table even though they never seem to play against 11 men.

They will get distracted by Wembley too, hopefully.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

Fair enough. And if any set of fans deserves a period of hope and optimism its us.

But we've still lost more home games than we've won. That needs righting over a sustained period. Winning these next two goes some way to that. If we do that, then it is time to really build belief. 

I'm having a night hoping that by this time next Saturday night I can be fully believing

You’re the sensible and rational one 😊.

Pour me another please 

5 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Gilks looks like his race is run to me, looks slow in his reactions last couple of games

Yes my thinking which makes the burnley lad a strange signing 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, desperado said:

You’re right it could be, but I wouldn’t swap him for Baptise on current form  

Baptiste and Santos are fantastic at the moment. I've been very critical of our defence not being commanding at heading crosses out, we seem to have cut the supply of them out a lot the last few games

8 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm more than happy with 1-0's and 3-2's.  We aren't finishing above any top 7 team on goal difference.

As am I, but tranmere's gd is 3 and Morecambe's is -1.

That and I'd prefer us to win a few games comfortably, less stressful 😀