Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

51 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I'll let you know on Wednesday. The two form teams BWFC/Scunny are meeting on Tuesday night. Win that and it's definitely on, then its compete for everything,  keep a steady ship and play every game as it comes.

I'd like to  think play offs

Agree with your point, its a massive week for us, but Bradford and Cambridge are also the form teams.  Scunthorpe have won 5 and lost 5 of last 10 and Bradford won 7 of last 10.

As usual though, they will be poor teams with very little up front.  Its just down to us to play well. 

33 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Baptiste and Santos are fantastic at the moment. I've been very critical of our defence not being commanding at heading crosses out, we seem to have cut the supply of them out a lot the last few games

It’s no surprise they look good got good centre mid partnership in front of them. 

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s no surprise they look good got good centre mid partnership in front of them. 

I agree, the non stop supply has dried up. 3 games in but I'm massively impressed with Declan John. Hardly a cross of any threat has come in from that side in his 3 games.

Midfiekders are not getting their time to pick passes out to wingers either.

Our team is massively better than it was 6 weeks ago

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Won't need too many points this season. It's a shit league. Games in hand will shaft most teams

As was pointed out earlier, Carlisle have a lot of games in hand. Possibly going to be quite a few eight-day weeks with three games. It’s to be hoped they have a reasonable squad.

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

As was pointed out earlier, Carlisle have a lot of games in hand. Possibly going to be quite a few eight-day weeks with three games. It’s to be hoped they have a reasonable squad.

Carlisle have a game every midweek now until game 45 on Sat 1st May. Then a week off until the finale on the 8th.

The bonus about this league is that no games appear unwinnable.  If you're in the Championship and you're Barnsley making a run for the play offs, you fear playing Norwich, Swansea, Watford.  Not one game in this league is a write off, every game is a chance for 3 points as long as you're playing OK (a few weeks ago every game was a chance of a new low).

Too little too late for me.  The squad is much stronger and we've won 2 games that earlier in the season we probably would have lost.  However, we've yet to perform well over 90 minutes and it's easy to fall the wrong side of the fine margins that are currently benefiting us.

8th and we start next season hot favourites. 

• Members
9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Not trawling through 4 pages as Im certain every poster is saying damn right we are.

:)

I was the same age as your lad is now when  we beat Reading in the playoffs, I can close my eyes and still see it now. Hopefully he gets to witness that or better ☺️

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I was the same age as your lad is now when  we beat Reading in the playoffs, I can close my eyes and still see it now. Hopefully he gets to witness that or better ☺️

Nooooo. Automatic please. I don’t give a fuck about the day in London, I come away from Wembley visits disappointed as often as elated.