Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

We just concentrate on our H2Hs I’d sooner have points in the bag ok Carlisle have I think 4 but others it’s 1&2, playing 3 games a week will increase chance of injuries and suspensions 

6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

We just concentrate on our H2Hs I’d sooner have points in the bag ok Carlisle have I think 4 but others it’s 1&2, playing 3 games a week will increase chance of injuries and suspensions 

Carlisle already have points ( above us in the league) in the bag & games in hand as do most of the others in the shake up, we’re going to have to go on amazing run but I agree it’s very possible. 

16 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

We still have to play 7 of the teams above us, down to us to get a fair number of points in them games

I tried to explain "six pointers" to someone not immersed in football the other day.

If I heard "but you can only get 3 points, even if you win" once more I may have featured in the next Midsomer Murders show.

Just now, Dr. Feelgood said:

I tried to explain "six pointers" to someone not immersed in football the other day.

If I heard "but you can only get 3 points, even if you win" once more I may have featured in the next Midsomer Murders show.

.... & I couldn't even begin with "not Interfering with play".

I think its nailed on Bolton go up, added to the expensive Doyle and Sarcevic the club have paid for better players than any other 4th Div club could afford in the Jan window.The club with the best players getting promoted is inevitable It makes a refreshing change from that Jan window when QPR spent about £20 million to stay up and Bolton sold Cahill.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Carlisle already have points ( above us in the league) in the bag & games in hand as do most of the others in the shake up, we’re going to have to go on amazing run but I agree it’s very possible. 

Pretty much sums up my feelings  we are 10/1 with bet 365 to get promoted 7/1 to make play offs 100/1 to win league. 
Only Cambridge have played more games than us, 1 game and are 11(I think) points in front of the other 9 ahead on points 8 have games in hand. 
Do not want to go all Tony Cee here but we will have to go on a great run to make up for the shit start. I think we have the squad to possibly do it but the odds reflect our chances. I know other teams with more games to play might pick up injuries, but do will the teams they play. The key think is win next two, then start taking points off those above us. 
Good to at least be considering these options a few weeks ago was spending as much time looking at teams below us . 

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I think its nailed on Bolton go up, added to the expensive Doyle and Sarcevic the club have paid for better players than any other 4th Div club could afford in the Jan window.

Your just cheesed off Doyle and Sarce chose us above your tribute act, who are probably spending more than us anyway. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, CJG said:

That’s fine but there isn’t an option to dock Tranmere 5 points for playing an ineligible player. As it happens, after another two games we’re already in the automatic spots helped massively by a 15-0 win against Barrow. 😀

6/8 of our next games are teams below us in the league.

Cambridge and FGR are the other 2 and I didn't see anything special about them when we played them in the first fixture.

I'll go:

Scunthorpe (H) 1-1 Draw

Barrow (H) 3-0 Win

Oldham (A) 1-2 Win 

Bradford (A) 0-1 Win

Cambridge (H) 2-0 Win

Port Vale (A) 1-3 Win 

Walsall (H) 1-1 Draw 

FGR (A) 2-1 Loss

17/24 pts 

I think that's a reasonable amount to aim for and would put us in a good position to kick on for a promotion push.

On 21/02/2021 at 11:15, radcliffewhite1 said:

There lies the problem! We are not catching any of Carlisle, Cambridge, or Forest Green for me! Play offs could still happen though, need to up the anti at home!

• Site Supporter

We have to play Cambridge and have a game in hand. Win them both and we're within 5 points of them.

Carlisle, again we have to play, and they've got a very intense period of games.

Teams above us have games against each other, and the some of the teams that started well have tailed off, Colchester and Newport for example.

I think top spot, and maybe even second may be a bit too far, but third is there for taking- all down to how well we perform.

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Start playing for 90 minutes & we'll walk it. I'm not sure we've done that once so far.

Absolutely.

I'm sure we'll miss out this year but I was comforting myself with the idea that we'd storm it next season instead.  We won't though until this is addressed.