Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

• Site Supporter

The play off finals are 29 - 31 May but when is it decided who is playing on which day?

It used to be Div 2 on the Saturday, 1 on Sunday, Championship on the bank holiday Monday but this got changed a bit recently (I think).

• Members
4 minutes ago, Steejay said:

The play off finals are 29 - 31 May but when is it decided who is playing on which day?

It used to be Div 2 on the Saturday, 1 on Sunday, Championship on the bank holiday Monday but this got changed a bit recently (I think).

I thought it was Saturday Sunday Monday

we'll be promoted anyways 

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Well if it helps (it wont), I've updated yesterday's points per game analysis. Top 10 now:

FGR 84, Cheltenham 79, Cambridge 77, Tranmere 76, Carlisle 76, Exeter 76, Morecmbe 75, Newport 72, Salford 71, BW 67.5

So the projection for 3rd place has gone down from 79 to 77, and our's has improved from 65 to 67.5 - instead of needing 2.24 per game we only need 2.07 for automatic (33 more points - 11 wins from 16).

7th place projection has increased from 73 to 75 - its all closed up, the gap between 3rd and 7th is only 2 points now instead of 6.  To get 7th we needed 1.90 per game yesterday, now we need 1.95 (31 pts) as 4 teams around the play off positions won.

No charge for this service.

I should hope not !!

Presentation is terrible !!

Your counterpart over on Valleyparadeways is doing a much better job 

He's looked at form over the last 6 games and he at least gets us the outcome we all crave 

seems reasonable to me as it reflects post transfer window squads in the main 

upload_2021-2-24_9-35-36.png

and then he has carefully selected points per game over the last 12 games - to ensure Bradford get promoted ! 

upload_2021-2-24_9-35-0.png

4 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I should hope not !!

He's looked at form over the last 6 games and he at least gets us the outcome we all crave 

and then he has carefully selected points per game over the last 12 games - to ensure Bradford get promoted ! 

Considering we're 3rd in the first table and 9th in the second, it seems basing it on 'recent form' is a load of bollocks

9 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I should hope not !!

Hes not doing well really! He as missed Carlisle out!

Just now, jmjhb said:

Considering we're 3rd in the first table and 9th in the second, it seems basing it on 'recent form' is a load of bollocks

Correct - basing it on any historical form , be it recent or otherwise - that's the very point I am trying to Illustrate - all that matters is how we do from here on in 

7 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Yeah just using last few games is nonsense, a week ago Mansfield were running away with that and now they're 18th!

Where do you draw the line on form, if we're winning 3-0 at half time on Saturday I'll do one based on every team's last 45 minutes and we'll probably be favourites for the champions league in 4 years based on that.

16 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I should hope not !!

Can you ask him to do another based on Tranmere's form when playing against 11 men? 😀

Can't wait for that to even itself out over the season.

So many different ways of trying to look at it that you can make a case for anything.

For me, we’re 8 points off top, with a game in hand and still have to play them at home - which means anything is still possible.

Beat Barrow and then reassess and then try and beat Oldham and so on.

Otherwise I just hope that the bottom teams can take a few points off the top teams and the top teams draw when they play each other to give us as much external help as possible.