Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What’s the population about 280k? 28k wouldn’t that be superb week in week out. 

that's the borough (which is fair enough)

town is around 130k

37 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

13000 in this league would be impressive. 

Especially as I read those numbers at FGR as being ST holders.

Mate lives in Stroud and has been quite a few of their games in the lower divisions- he is a Bolton fan and has posted on here. Most of the guys who go to FGR support someone else but it’s a day out for them at low cost

I’m convinced that at least 2 of the current top 3 won’t last and are already showing signs of cracking - we’ve caught up 8 points on top of the league in 5 games.

I reckon we’re battling Tranmere and Salford and need to watch Bradford who are obviously on a very good run of form. It does seem like the “bigger clubs” with bigger budgets and squads will rise to the top this year more than ever with the amount of games left to play.

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I’m convinced that at least 2 of the current top 3 won’t last and are already showing signs of cracking - we’ve caught up 8 points on top of the league in 5 games.

I reckon we’re battling Tranmere and Salford and need to watch Bradford who are obviously on a very good run of form. It does seem like the “bigger clubs” with bigger budgets and squads will rise to the top this year more than ever with the amount of games left to play.

Cheltenham, lost 1 in 10 and won 5 in last 6.  Currently looking like 3 from us, Bradford, Tranmere, Cheltenham.  Course it will change, its league two.  After Saturday we've no more games against those so in that respect it won't be in our hands, relying on others to take points off them.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Cheltenham, lost 1 in 10 and won 5 in last 6.  Currently looking like 3 from us, Bradford, Tranmere, Cheltenham.  Course it will change, its league two.  After Saturday we've no more games against those so in that respect it won't be in our hands, relying on others to take points off them.

Tranmere?

Doing very well and you dont mention them.

FGR are still very strong for me, and with so many games amongst these top teams, it's too complicated to call.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Tranmere?

Doing very well and you dont mention them.

FGR are still very strong for me, and with so many games amongst these top teams, it's too complicated to call.

I did, 1 of the other 3.

Agree FGR look strong, I'd put them 5th on the list, but can't be perfect with 3 goal defeats to Southend and Stevenage in last 3 games.

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I did, 1 of the other 3.

Agree FGR look strong, I'd put them 5th on the list, but can't be perfect with 3 goal defeats to Southend and Stevenage in last 3 games.

You did, my bad.

Until some of these games in hand take place, its still difficult to call.

• Site Supporter

Wouldn’t it be great if our ability to second guess what’s going to happen at the end of the season could turn into massive wins at the bookies? 
Lots of folk on here who ‘know’ who’ll be going up, who’ll be in the playoffs, who’ll fall in the going. Those poor bookies are going to be penniless!

Just now, Escobarp said:

What and they’re offering 65quid for all that? Cheeky cunts. 

I will give you 70 right now for it mate 😎

Yeah that’s with 365

the other 2 with hills offering no cash out

46 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Getting offered £65 cash out on my bet to win the league 

Hmmm... what would I take?

I’ve only a tenner at stake 

But £1,500 (less wine commission) is looking at me with doe eyes.

11 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Hmmm... what would I take?

I’ve only a tenner at stake 

But £1,500 (less wine commission) is looking at me with doe eyes.

Throw your tenner on BD you will be buying some fine wine when we win the league😀

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Go on then I will give you 80 quid for the lot as I’m feeling generous 

Keep it once we beat bradford & Cambridge I’m expecting a better offer on the table 

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

20 @ 100/1

40 @ 6/1 top 7 

10 @ 20/1 top 3 

They are offering £65 for cash out

They have us at 16/1 to win league 

£65 at 16/1 pays £1105

about half what you get if we do win league. Never cash out.