Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

4 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Throw your tenner on BD you will be buying some fine wine when we win the league😀

Keep it once we beat bradford & Cambridge I’m expecting a better offer on the table 

If I win £1,500, it's all going on fine wine

Just looking at the squad and both internal and external views of our players. 

We have 5 with a fair claim to be the best in the division in their position right now.

Doyle and Sarcevic, whilst we are critical sometimes, they are delivering and sure as Hell opponents respect them utterly.

Lee, surely two Divisions below his standard. His fitness means we're currently only getting an hour at a time from him but it's always a very, very good hour.

Declan John. It's so long since we had an exceptional left back it seems a bit of a shock tbh.

... and Santos. Man mountain who we can barely believe we're seeing match by match.

Certainly a long way from firing on two, let alone all, cylinders but if we can get Maddison on song he could be added to this group.

It's not like the other players are duck eggs either. MJ Williams is getting rave reviews, Baptiste is surprising a good few. Thomason, for someone who spent 3m on loan in Div 6 is showing huge promise. Arthur, a long way from World Class but what an impact the lad is having. Gilks has, of course, done well since the early season goalkeeping debacle. I do hope Evatt & Co. can line up a best-in-class keeper for next season.

There. Positivity. What a strange new experience. 

21 hours ago, Traf said:

Still too tight to call. 
We could win the league, or just top 3, or play-offs, or even miss out. 

That's how tight it is, we HAVE to keep winning.

I've completed my wallchart for the remaining fixtures. With pencilled in outcomes for each match (to be overwritten with results as they arise).

My efforts to be impartial extend to giving Tranmere a better outcome than I'd like, and I may well have been optimistic with our own hopes. Strangely, Mansfield appear to have plenty fluke results going against them.

Anyway, as it stands I have:

Tranmere 84, Bolton 82, Cheltenham 81;

Forest Green 78, Carlisle 77, Salford 76, Cambridge 75;

Newport 73, Bradford C 72, Exeter 72, Morecambe 72.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MalcolmW said:

I've completed my wallchart for the remaining fixtures. With pencilled in outcomes for each match (to be overwritten with results as they arise).

My efforts to be impartial extend to giving Tranmere a better outcome than I'd like, and I may well have been optimistic with our own hopes. Strangely, Mansfield appear to have plenty fluke results going against them.

Anyway, as it stands I have:

Tranmere 84, Bolton 82, Cheltenham 81;

Forest Green 78, Carlisle 77, Salford 76, Cambridge 75;

Newport 73, Bradford C 72, Exeter 72, Morecambe 72.

🙏

4 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

League Two Play-Off Final – 29/31 May 2021 according to https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/key-dates/

Any chance of this being in front of fans?

We're in with a squeak of making the play offs irrelevant ... by finishing in the top three. I think we'd need 30 points from our last 14 games to be in with a good chance. Not entirely impossible though.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

We're in with a squeak of making the play offs irrelevant ... by finishing in the top three. I think we'd need 30 points from our last 14 games to be in with a good chance. Not entirely impossible though.

call me crazy, but id take my 10year old experiencing a wembley playoff win over 3rd place. even at the risk at non-promotion.

thats kinda stuff gets in your blood forever.

6 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

call me crazy, but id take my 10year old experiencing a wembley playoff win over 3rd place. even at the risk at non-promotion.

My blood pressure would struggle with the play offs. Third place for me. Or better. 

But I see what you mean.

33 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

26 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

My blood pressure would struggle with the play offs. Third place for me. Or better. 

But I see what you mean.

My blood pressure is too high for every game at the moment. Next two are critical 

7 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Blood pressure would struggle with the scramble for getting one of the 3,500 tickets we’d get. 

iFollow ticket stubs for away games should have priority

• Members
9 hours ago, HomerJay said:

Fuck that, your kid can borrow my Reading playoff final tape instead 😂

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, HomerJay said:

You’re crazy. I reckon your 10 year old will have ample opportunity to experience in the next few years to experience a Wembley play-off.

There’s very little worse than being the losing finalist.

Third or higher and feet up for this kid.