Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

Could do without Crawley getting into the mix if we are going to be needing something there on the last day.  They've won last 3 and have 2 winnable games this week, Walsall and Barrow.  Could be dark horses.

Newport the other team to have 2 winnable games, looked out of it a couple of weeks ago, got Vale and Orient this week on the back of 3 wins.

• Site Supporter

Newport play Cambridge, Crawley, Exeter & Cheltenham in their last 5 games (Barrow I think was last game)

Crawley's late run of fixtures is far from easy too. I hope Evatt is April's MOM, if he is - or even a contender, we'll be top 3

2 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

It will be a lot clearer at 9pm next Tuesday after most teams have played their games in hand on us. We need 3 points Saturday to keep the pressure up

If we dont get 3 points against Walsall we may as well give up

They are bottom six with current form of Lost 4 and drew 1

On 26/02/2021 at 08:28, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve reviewed my prediction given our current form and the players at our disposal and I think we could very well go up automatically don’t think we can win it but hopefully sneak into 3rd place. 

Think it’s time for another review? 

5 hours ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Think it’s time for another review? 

Based on form over last 10 games being replicated over rest of the season we finish top. 
The reality is we are unlikely to get 26 points from next 10 games but the longer we keep the run going the more  nervous everyone else will be. Despite how bad we were early season no team who are up there looked that good so can see points being dropped on a regular basis. Tranmere are up there based on form but their games are stacking up 

Win on Saturday and we’re a point behind 3rd with FGR up next and a game in hand over Cambridge 

winning it might be too hopeful (but no reason why we can’t) and I’d be disappointed with the Play offs now. 

ultimately getting out of this league is all that matters though 

46 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Win on Saturday and we’re a point behind 3rd with FGR up next and a game in hand over Cambridge 

winning it might be too hopeful (but no reason why we can’t) and I’d be disappointed with the Play offs now. 

ultimately getting out of this league is all that matters though 

The FGR and Newport games look like must-not-lose to keep in with decent chance of top 3.  A pity Newport will be back at their ground against us, wouldn't have minded playing on Cardiff's.