Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Domcarey1 said:

We are going to win the league, I’ve felt it since early feb. Signing John, Williams, Lee & Dapo have changed so much. I got us at 40/1 and won’t be taking a cash out.......

Mj was the masterstroke. What a signing

2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Mj was the masterstroke. What a signing

I agree he’s made a big difference. For me, Lee is the one who has had been the stand out. 
Quiet & unassuming but the most intelligent player in that team.

Wednesday mates strongly believe he should still  be in the championship, I agree...... 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Domcarey1 said:

I agree he’s made a big difference. For me, Lee is the one who has had been the stand out. 
Quiet & unassuming but the most intelligent player in that team.

Wednesday mates strongly believe he should still  be in the championship, I agree...... 

As much as I agree to an extent, Lee is too clever for L2. He will and can hopefully play alongside MJ next season but we need better with them. As our quality increases, so will Lee's.

He is quality, it stands out a mile

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, captainmed said:

It’s not difficult.

6/2/2.

Absolute minimum.

Correct. But the wrist-slashers will be out in force when that next L occurs.

Edited by Cheese

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

You look at the home fixtures and all 4 are winnable that should take us to 21 wins

couple of away wins job done 

The flip side is we have 6 out of 10 away from home and 7 of the top 11 still to play. 
The flip side to the flip side when we have played top teams this season they are not that good and we do well away from home. 

9 hours ago, Domcarey1 said:

We are going to win the league, I’ve felt it since early feb. Signing John, Williams, Lee & Dapo have changed so much. I got us at 40/1 and won’t be taking a cash out.......

I don't think any of them have lost a game with us yet. The only loss since Lee signed seems to be Tranmere and he didn't play. And we haven't lost since deadline day. 

14 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Next Saturday's fixtures are insane

Kicking off at 12 could definitely give us an advantage as the other teams will find out our result before they go out for the warm up, whereas yesterday it would have been too late for the players to have known how Newport got on. 

We have nothing to fear. Nobody can live with our attack.

Our managers and players calmness and ability to stick to the task in hand when the chips are down is what makes us formidable.

No panic stations, no lumping it forward. Keep calm and it’ll happen. 

44 minutes ago, Ani said:

The flip side is we have 6 out of 10 away from home and 7 of the top 11 still to play. 
The flip side to the flip side when we have played top teams this season they are not that good and we do well away from home. 

Apart from FGR & tranmere at home the other top sides have been disappointing and even then it’s not a true account as our team has changed so much 

22 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Our managers and players calmness and ability to stick to the task in hand when the chips are down is what makes us formidable.

Must admit it was a strange feeling yesterday - we were 1-0 down and playing poorly with 60 minutes gone, but I was still confident that at some point it would click and as long as we get 1 we’d go on and win the game.

There was a long long time during which if we conceded first we may as well have stopped the game and given the opposition the 3 points there and then.

As you say Gonzo, calm, belief in what we do and confidence to know that we are the best team in this league and we only need half an hour to show that really.

23 minutes ago, Traf said:

The central midfield signings have been a masterstroke.

Lee is 8-3-0 since signing and Williams is 9-2-0, I think. I'm sure they've both missed a game.

We’ve not had 2 proper centre mids since muamba, Holden, no wonder we’ve crashed down the leagues. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Must admit it was a strange feeling yesterday - we were 1-0 down and playing poorly with 60 minutes gone, but I was still confident that at some point it would click and as long as we get 1 we’d go on and win the game.

Had a quick peep on Walsallways and had a read of their post match reaction. Many of them, despite their arguably superior showing and one goal lead at half-time, were placing bets on a Bolton victory because they “didn’t want to pass up a 4/1 cert.”

Folk took 33/1 earlier in season on Walsall to be relegated from football league. Who would do that?

another interesting quote:

On a separate note , both Norman and Clarke are now professional free kick winners , let’s be polite and put it that way .

4 hours ago, gonzo said:

I agree with most of that except your assertion that 'nobody can live with our attack'.  When we're banging in goals left, right and centre I'm there but at the moment outside of Doyle, the others aren't yet scoring enough.

Its only a minor gripe. So long as we're still winning I dont really care but I think you've overstated things there.

I think we need 6-3-1 to finish in the top 3 and somewhere along the line we could do with a four or five goal win to help the goal difference. That'd take us to 81. 

Out of FGR, Newport, Morecambe and Salford away I think we need 5 points. More than that and our chances begin to rise - our away form is very encouraging.

Although Cambridge, FGR and Cheltenham show no signs of going on winless streaks they are very fallible. The presence of the bindippers complicates things as they are in the same queue as us. Morecambe won't be shaken off. However Newport have lost consistency.

Not entirely impossible both us and the skiprats could go up automatically.

• Members
4 hours ago, gonzo said:

I think fitness and conserving energy is a huge part of our tactics 

Teams can’t keep up with our running for 95 mins, never mind the movement off the ball 

Theres urgency and there’s panic, there’s a real difference with us and other teams.