Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

I've 3 outstanding bets on us

£100 e/w to win the league (1/4 to 3 places) @ 100/1. Cash out currently - £1,174. If we win the league it's £12,700 returned. Top 3 I think it's £2,600 returned.

£100 to finish Top 3 @ 8/1. Cash out currently £277. If we finish Top 3 it's £900 returned

My 3rd bet was Bolton to win League 2, England to win the Euros...you never know, and Liverpool to retain the....doh! 😅

• Members
19 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I've 3 outstanding bets on us

£100 e/w to win the league (1/4 to 3 places) @ 100/1. Cash out currently - £1,174. If we win the league it's £12,700 returned. Top 3 I think it's £2,600 returned.

£100 to finish Top 3 @ 8/1. Cash out currently £277. If we finish Top 3 it's £900 returned

My 3rd bet was Bolton to win League 2, England to win the Euros...you never know, and Liverpool to retain the....doh! 😅

@Escobarp think we may have a wealthy benefactor for the jolly boys 

I’ll let Jasmine know 

2 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

That's tickled me that because I was sure it was me too.  Our appalling away form in the 80s was down to me putting Piccadilly on.  I finally broke that curse when we were away at Bournemouth in the promotion year. Switched on just as Browny scored the winner.  

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Was even better being there. I’m on the fence celebrating that winner on the video. Fantastic week that was. 

Yesss - we were in with their fans on the side were the players came out, we didn't get any mither even though we celebrated like loons when Brownies late winner went in. It's still one of my favourite away days and the night out after in Bournemouth was quality- 3 days later it got even better.

4 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

That's tickled me that because I was sure it was me too.  Our appalling away form in the 80s was down to me putting Piccadilly on.  I finally broke that curse when we were away at Bournemouth in the promotion year. Switched on just as Browny scored the winner.  

Used to love listening to Piccadilly from late 70s to about mid 90s (and Radio Manchester); Tommy Docherty phone in pre-match when that was a new thing, James H Reeve hosting, reporters Tom Tyrell, Bryan Clark, Stuart Pike;  "Its A Goal!!", "Oh Noooo" etc and match commentary was only 2nd half, just going around the grounds in 1st half.  Great days, even though we lost away most weeks in the 80s as you say.   

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Used to love listening to Piccadilly from late 70s to about mid 90s (and Radio Manchester); Tommy Docherty phone in pre-match when that was a new thing, James H Reeve hosting, reporters Tom Tyrell, Bryan Clark, Stuart Pike;  "Its A Goal!!", "Oh Noooo" etc and match commentary was only 2nd half, just going around the grounds in 1st half.  Great days, even though we lost away most weeks in the 80s as you say.   

Takes me back to the 70s when at reserve games, lots of folk had radios and a mini cheer would go up if the first team had scored in their away game.

5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Was even better being there. I’m on the fence celebrating that winner on the video. Fantastic week that was. 

Aye, i was another one on the fence at the end. There was a lot of heavy drinking done that day & some of it's a bit blurred, but it was one of the best ever away days that turned into one of best weeks !!!

Just for anyone interested:

7 or 8 games ago when I did a points average for everyone and projected same averages to end of season, 1st place (FGR) was on course for 84 pts.  2nd was 79 (Carlisle!) and 3rd on 77 (Cheltenham). 

We were 12 off the pace, heading for 65 points if we didn't improve our average. 

A few suggested the average points of the top teams would come down as teams played each other.  That may still happen, but no sign of it yet despite a few H2Hs recently.  Top has dropped by 1 to 83 (Cheltenham), 2nd and 3rd (FGR & Tranmere) both increased to 80, so our "target" has increased by 3 points.  Instead of being 12 short of it we're now 3.5 short with our improvement, heading for 76.7 points.  

Cheltenham, Tranmere, Cambridge, Morecambe and Newport have all improved.  FGR, Exeter, Salford, Carlisle got worse.

Another 20 points should do it if we beat FGR, if we lose I'd expect us to need more than 80.

34 minutes ago, Ani said:

Bet365 have us as third in betting for promotion but fifth in betting to finish top 3.

So, there are 3 automatic places, plus 1 from 4 in the play-offs.

We are 3rd favourites to be promoted.

But NOT one of the top 3,  not even 4th.

That's weird arithmetic.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

So, there are 3 automatic places, plus 1 from 4 in the play-offs.

We are 3rd favourites to be promoted.

But NOT one of the top 3,  not even 4th.

That's weird arithmetic.

The only logic I can see is that we are behind so might not catch up, but if in play offs would be strong favourites. 

Win Saturday and think the odds change dramatically. 

14 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Tonight is another example of why predicting results/finish tables is pointless

Win this league 

I know what you're saying, but average points also show that despite all the ups and downs, wierd results, teams going on good and bad runs, the points total for 7th place hasn't changed - it was 73 a while ago and it still is. 

3rd place forecast has gone from 77.2 a while back to 79.2 after last night's results.  So I'm sticking to needing 80 pts for 3rd, course it can change but probably not by much.  Winning title was 84 originally and now 83.

On 21/03/2021 at 20:17, jmjhb said:

http://www.probs4.club/p4cLge/lge2

Razaldo posted this the other day

Up to 33.6% chance for Top 3:

6.4% 1st

11.6% 2nd

15.6% 3rd

78 points sees a 39% chance of promotion

79 points sees a 57.4% chance

80 points 75%

Following last night's results:

38.5% chance of Top 3:

7.8% 1st

13.9% 2nd

16.7% 3rd

78 points sees a 47% chance of auto promotion

79 points 64.4% chance

I think 19 points from the last nine gets us promoted ... that's win 6 draw 1 and lose 2.  

As written above, you couldn't even rule out top spot if we keep up this incredible points per game ratio of the last 12 or 13 matches.

Armchair and metaphorical cigar now for the 3pm games. If Mansfield get something against them bindipping cunts the day is complete.