Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are we going up?

globaldiver

On 28/03/2021 at 14:28, Traf said:

Seem plausible, @Zico

Skybet have us at 4/1 for the title. To realise a return of £1020, you'd have to stake £204.
They're essentially offering you just over 80% of true value.

That's how cash out works, sadly.

Personally I'd cash out the 7.5 @ £87 which covers all the stakes and let the others ride essentially as free bets

8 games left, i reckon W5 D1 L2 will piss automatic promotion. I think we're more than capable of achieving 80pts, because although we don't score many goals we have become not just difficult to beat but difficult to even score against - a good habit to have for the run in.

2 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

After the run we have been on yesterday’s result was disappointing regardless that some have said they are happy with the point. Need to play a little better but we are more than capable of going on another winning streak: tomorrow’s game is key IMO

Just don’t get beat like the FGR game the pressure is on them 

21 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

8 games left, i reckon W5 D1 L2 will piss automatic promotion. I think we're more than capable of achieving 80pts, because although we don't score many goals we have become not just difficult to beat but difficult to even score against - a good habit to have for the run in.

Said to the missus yesterday we've become like Boring Boring Arsenal... "One nil to the Bolton, one nil to the Bolton..."

1 minute ago, woolli said:

All big games from now on, but the biggest for me is Morecombe away! They have what looks like a very decent run in, stay undefeated there, and i think we go up!

Don’t think there are any easy games in this division - most teams are hard working and recent results back that up. 

On 28/03/2021 at 12:51, jmjhb said:

58.6% chance of Top 3

18.3% 1st

20.9% 2nd

19.4% 3rd

78 points - 42.1% chance of promotion

79 points - 63.2% chance

52.0% chance of Top 3

7.9% 1st

17% 2nd

27.1% 3rd

77 points - 37.1% chance of promotion

78 points - 56.1% 

7 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

52.0% chance of Top 3

7.9% 1st

17% 2nd

27.1% 3rd

77 points - 37.1% chance of promotion

78 points - 56.1% 

Was just looking at this too. Think a win v Newport would be nice, given the Tranmere/ Cambridge game. 

Tranmere/ Morecambe/ FGR with about 20% chance each of top 3. Morecambe currently looking the most consistent.

21 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Don’t think there are any easy games in this division - most teams are hard working and recent results back that up. 

Really? To be honest Ru, I don’t think there are any hard games for us if we play to our strengths. Certainly the top teams who need to win and will come at us should be the ones we’re most likely to beat, just based on the fact we have better players than they do. I’m entirely confident.

Hard working maybe but it’s a very poor league, we had an off day Saturday but we’re streets ahead

if we had this set up from the off we’d be promoted by now 

• Site Supporter
23 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Said it half way though the season. There are no good teams in this league, including us. 

Consistency is what matters. We wont win any games 4-0. It's just winning that matters. 

On 03/04/2021 at 11:03, Dimron said:

Said to the missus yesterday we've become like Boring Boring Arsenal... "One nil to the Bolton, one nil to the Bolton..."

Have you tried "One Nil to the Wanderers ... One Nil to the Wanderers ... "

Flows so much better if you are singing it - reckon the Missus might appreciate it 

6 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Have you tried "One Nil to the Wanderers ... One Nil to the Wanderers ... "

Flows so much better if you are singing it - reckon the Missus might appreciate it 

I'll serenade her tonight and let you know how I get on...

• Site Supporter
On 03/04/2021 at 11:16, RUREADY2ROLL said:

22 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Really? To be honest Ru, I don’t think there are any hard games for us if we play to our strengths. Certainly the top teams who need to win and will come at us should be the ones we’re most likely to beat, just based on the fact we have better players than they do. I’m entirely confident.

We had this debate a while back and my opinion hasn’t changed and is more aligned to @RUREADY2ROLL

The issue is consistency.

The standard in this league is better than I thought it would be. There’s some talented players, progressive managers, sides who can execute a plan to stop other teams playing or impose their strengths to get results against anybody. Crawley and Cheltenham did it against sides in the top 2 tiers, as did today’s opponents  Newport, who beat Watford, Swansea and drew against Newcastle.

While we are on a good run and on our day capable of beating anyone in this league, we are, as we have seen these last few weeks, not immune to what plagues all these sides in the bottom tier, consistency. 

And let’s be honest, that’s why we are all there. I think it’s easy to get carried away thinking we will brush away every side we play and perform to our best every week, it’s not going to happen. And while I’ll be disappointed if we don’t win today, I won’t be coming on here calling out the players, IE, and their decision-making inconsistencies, if things don’t go to plan.

I would still believe that any result today would still leave us in a position for promotion.