Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

8 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Automatic is possible but unlikely but definitely can see us in the playoffs. Now if we get to the final crowds will be back but we will only get 5000 tickets. Does group A get first dabs?

Isn’t it 10k if we played in the final

we wouldn’t be allowed back in for the semis as it’s not before the 17th may

ignore me 

Edited by radcliffewhite1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still have every faith. Not even arsed we lost today. Had to lose somewhere and now is the right time to do it. I think Maddison needs a couple of starts.

Talk about a week being a long time in football.  With 10 minutes to go at Mansfield they were 2 pts above us with a game in hand, top of the form table and looking at play offs.  A week later we're 1

I still think no. But if I was one if the teams above us I would be getting a bit worried.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Isn’t it 10k if we played in the final

we wouldn’t be allowed back in for the semis as it’s not before the 17th may 

10 total, 5 each.

21 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

A month ago I was thinking my heart couldn't take even the suggestion of a relegation battle going into the last dozen games.  I would have snatched hands off for mid table never mind a chance of play offs.  If we lose in the play offs, we start again on a level playing field in August, instead of giving everyone a 3 month start, it could be worse.

I was thinking exactly on the same lines

Difficult to put this "virtual" season in any sort of context, but for all those who remember our previous campaign at this level in 1987/88 after 31 games we were 3rd in the table on 52 points . Our next match was away at Wolves which we lost 4 nil and is remembered more for events off the pitch ( I dont think i saw any of the second half because of a line of police horses along the touchline )  

Over those final 15 games we won just 7 drew 5 and lost 3 

Don't think that level of performance will suffice to secure automatic this time around 

1 hour ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Forest Green play in Nailsworth which has a population just under 6,000 so it would be impressive if they did.

Saying that, dunno if they attract support from elsewhere.

Didn’t there owner say they’ve only got about 600 ticket holders, might of been less. 

• Site Supporter
23 hours ago, captainmed said:

Now we have the confidence, we should be able to beat these top teams.

MFM were the best team in the league by a country mile. Now Its time to show it on the pitch.

If we start to play well for the whole game, we should blow these teams away.

That said, I would still take 5 from the next 3.

BTW, why wait for next season?

Once the official “lockdown” is over & travel/overnight stays are allowed from 29 March,  we’re off again.

Risking a dig at Grimsby but you can see in at one specific area, and those pubs on the seafront will be open....

Cleethorpes is full of em and spitting distance to the ground 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What’s the population about 280k? 28k wouldn’t that be superb week in week out. 

that's the borough (which is fair enough)

town is around 130k

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Zico said:

that's the borough (which is fair enough)

town is around 130k

13000 in this league would be impressive. 

Especially as I read those numbers at FGR as being ST holders.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket
37 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

13000 in this league would be impressive. 

Especially as I read those numbers at FGR as being ST holders.

Mate lives in Stroud and has been quite a few of their games in the lower divisions- he is a Bolton fan and has posted on here. Most of the guys who go to FGR support someone else but it’s a day out for them at low cost

I’m convinced that at least 2 of the current top 3 won’t last and are already showing signs of cracking - we’ve caught up 8 points on top of the league in 5 games.

I reckon we’re battling Tranmere and Salford and need to watch Bradford who are obviously on a very good run of form. It does seem like the “bigger clubs” with bigger budgets and squads will rise to the top this year more than ever with the amount of games left to play.

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I’m convinced that at least 2 of the current top 3 won’t last and are already showing signs of cracking - we’ve caught up 8 points on top of the league in 5 games.

I reckon we’re battling Tranmere and Salford and need to watch Bradford who are obviously on a very good run of form. It does seem like the “bigger clubs” with bigger budgets and squads will rise to the top this year more than ever with the amount of games left to play.

Cheltenham, lost 1 in 10 and won 5 in last 6.  Currently looking like 3 from us, Bradford, Tranmere, Cheltenham.  Course it will change, its league two.  After Saturday we've no more games against those so in that respect it won't be in our hands, relying on others to take points off them.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Cheltenham, lost 1 in 10 and won 5 in last 6.  Currently looking like 3 from us, Bradford, Tranmere, Cheltenham.  Course it will change, its league two.  After Saturday we've no more games against those so in that respect it won't be in our hands, relying on others to take points off them.

Tranmere?

Doing very well and you dont mention them.

FGR are still very strong for me, and with so many games amongst these top teams, it's too complicated to call.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Tranmere?

Doing very well and you dont mention them.

FGR are still very strong for me, and with so many games amongst these top teams, it's too complicated to call.

I did, 1 of the other 3.

Agree FGR look strong, I'd put them 5th on the list, but can't be perfect with 3 goal defeats to Southend and Stevenage in last 3 games.

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I did, 1 of the other 3.

Agree FGR look strong, I'd put them 5th on the list, but can't be perfect with 3 goal defeats to Southend and Stevenage in last 3 games.

You did, my bad.

Until some of these games in hand take place, its still difficult to call.