Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Members

Wouldn’t it be great if our ability to second guess what’s going to happen at the end of the season could turn into massive wins at the bookies? 
Lots of folk on here who ‘know’ who’ll be going up, who’ll be in the playoffs, who’ll fall in the going. Those poor bookies are going to be penniless!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talk about a week being a long time in football.  With 10 minutes to go at Mansfield they were 2 pts above us with a game in hand, top of the form table and looking at play offs.  A week later we're 1

Still have every faith. Not even arsed we lost today. Had to lose somewhere and now is the right time to do it. I think Maddison needs a couple of starts.

As much as I agree to an extent, Lee is too clever for L2. He will and can hopefully play alongside MJ next season but we need better with them. As our quality increases, so will Lee's. He is qua

10 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Getting offered £65 cash out on my bet to win the league 

Cheeky bastards 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

20 @ 100/1

40 @ 6/1 top 7 

10 @ 20/1 top 3 

What and they’re offering 65quid for all that? Cheeky cunts. 
 

I will give you 70 right now for it mate 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Escobarp said:

What and they’re offering 65quid for all that? Cheeky cunts. 
 

I will give you 70 right now for it mate 😎

Yeah that’s with 365

the other 2 with hills offering no cash out

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Getting offered £65 cash out on my bet to win the league 

Hmmm... what would I take?

I’ve only a tenner at stake 

But £1,500 (less wine commission) is looking at me with doe eyes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Yeah that’s with 365

the other 2 with hills offering no cash out

 

Go on then I will give you 80 quid for the lot as I’m feeling generous 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Hmmm... what would I take?

I’ve only a tenner at stake 

But £1,500 (less wine commission) is looking at me with doe eyes.

Throw your tenner on BD you will be buying some fine wine when we win the league😀

 

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Go on then I will give you 80 quid for the lot as I’m feeling generous 

Keep it once we beat bradford & Cambridge I’m expecting a better offer on the table 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

20 @ 100/1

40 @ 6/1 top 7 

10 @ 20/1 top 3 

They are offering £65 for cash out

They have us at 16/1 to win league 

£65 at 16/1 pays £1105

about half what you get if we do win league. Never cash out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still too tight to call. 
We could win the league, or just top 3, or play-offs, or even miss out. 

That's how tight it is, we HAVE to keep winning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Throw your tenner on BD you will be buying some fine wine when we win the league😀

 

Keep it once we beat bradford & Cambridge I’m expecting a better offer on the table 

If I win £1,500, it's all going on fine wine

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Or cash out for £48.37.............

Fuck that I’m waiting on a bottle of red

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looking at the squad and both internal and external views of our players. 

We have 5 with a fair claim to be the best in the division in their position right now.

Doyle and Sarcevic, whilst we are critical sometimes, they are delivering and sure as Hell opponents respect them utterly.

Lee, surely two Divisions below his standard. His fitness means we're currently only getting an hour at a time from him but it's always a very, very good hour.

Declan John. It's so long since we had an exceptional left back it seems a bit of a shock tbh.

... and Santos. Man mountain who we can barely believe we're seeing match by match.

Certainly a long way from firing on two, let alone all, cylinders but if we can get Maddison on song he could be added to this group.

It's not like the other players are duck eggs either. MJ Williams is getting rave reviews, Baptiste is surprising a good few. Thomason, for someone who spent 3m on loan in Div 6 is showing huge promise. Arthur, a long way from World Class but what an impact the lad is having. Gilks has, of course, done well since the early season goalkeeping debacle. I do hope Evatt & Co. can line up a best-in-class keeper for next season.

There. Positivity. What a strange new experience. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Traf said:

Still too tight to call. 
We could win the league, or just top 3, or play-offs, or even miss out. 

That's how tight it is, we HAVE to keep winning.

I've completed my wallchart for the remaining fixtures. With pencilled in outcomes for each match (to be overwritten with results as they arise).

My efforts to be impartial extend to giving Tranmere a better outcome than I'd like, and I may well have been optimistic with our own hopes. Strangely, Mansfield appear to have plenty fluke results going against them.

Anyway, as it stands I have:

Tranmere 84, Bolton 82, Cheltenham 81;

Forest Green 78, Carlisle 77, Salford 76, Cambridge 75;

Newport 73, Bradford C 72, Exeter 72, Morecambe 72.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MalcolmW said:

I've completed my wallchart for the remaining fixtures. With pencilled in outcomes for each match (to be overwritten with results as they arise).

My efforts to be impartial extend to giving Tranmere a better outcome than I'd like, and I may well have been optimistic with our own hopes. Strangely, Mansfield appear to have plenty fluke results going against them.

Anyway, as it stands I have:

Tranmere 84, Bolton 82, Cheltenham 81;

Forest Green 78, Carlisle 77, Salford 76, Cambridge 75;

Newport 73, Bradford C 72, Exeter 72, Morecambe 72.

🙏

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

League Two Play-Off Final – 29/31 May 2021 according to https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/key-dates/

Any chance of this being in front of fans?

We're in with a squeak of making the play offs irrelevant ... by finishing in the top three. I think we'd need 30 points from our last 14 games to be in with a good chance. Not entirely impossible though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.