Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still have every faith. Not even arsed we lost today. Had to lose somewhere and now is the right time to do it. I think Maddison needs a couple of starts.

Talk about a week being a long time in football.  With 10 minutes to go at Mansfield they were 2 pts above us with a game in hand, top of the form table and looking at play offs.  A week later we're 1

I still think no. But if I was one if the teams above us I would be getting a bit worried.

  • Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

We're in with a squeak of making the play offs irrelevant ... by finishing in the top three. I think we'd need 30 points from our last 14 games to be in with a good chance. Not entirely impossible though.

call me crazy, but id take my 10year old experiencing a wembley playoff win over 3rd place. even at the risk at non-promotion.

thats kinda stuff gets in your blood forever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

call me crazy, but id take my 10year old experiencing a wembley playoff win over 3rd place. even at the risk at non-promotion.

thats kinda stuff gets in your blood forever.

My blood pressure would struggle with the play offs. Third place for me. Or better. 

But I see what you mean.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

call me crazy, but id take my 10year old experiencing a wembley playoff win over 3rd place. even at the risk at non-promotion.

thats kinda stuff gets in your blood forever.

 

26 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

My blood pressure would struggle with the play offs. Third place for me. Or better. 

But I see what you mean.

My blood pressure is too high for every game at the moment. Next two are critical 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

My blood pressure would struggle with the play offs. Third place for me. Or better. 

But I see what you mean.

Blood pressure would struggle with the scramble for getting one of the 3,500 tickets we’d get. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Blood pressure would struggle with the scramble for getting one of the 3,500 tickets we’d get. 

iFollow ticket stubs for away games should have priority

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HomerJay said:

call me crazy, but id take my 10year old experiencing a wembley playoff win over 3rd place. even at the risk at non-promotion.

thats kinda stuff gets in your blood forever.

Fuck that, your kid can borrow my Reading playoff final tape instead 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
10 hours ago, HomerJay said:

call me crazy, but id take my 10year old experiencing a wembley playoff win over 3rd place. even at the risk at non-promotion.

thats kinda stuff gets in your blood forever.

You’re crazy. I reckon your 10 year old will have ample opportunity to experience in the next few years to experience a Wembley play-off.

There’s very little worse than being the losing finalist.

Third or higher and feet up for this kid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HomerJay said:

call me crazy, but id take my 10year old experiencing a wembley playoff win over 3rd place. even at the risk at non-promotion.

thats kinda stuff gets in your blood forever.

We are crap at Wembley, straight up, end of - nothing to see here

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

tmrw, will be a decent measure of how good we are

Win well and I reckon we go up easily

Lose and its more difficult but not out of reach

I think its us tranmere and a n other 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Casino said:

tmrw, will be a decent measure of how good we are

Win well and I reckon we go up easily

Lose and its more difficult but not out of reach

I think its us tranmere and a n other 

3 up innit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Reading was good but Wrexham gooder. Has to be top 3, I couldn’t stand watching a playoff final on tv

This.

I watched the reading play off final at my brother's place, as I had to work early doors.

Was shite until we came back. :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/03/2021 at 15:45, MalcolmW said:

I've completed my wallchart for the remaining fixtures. With pencilled in outcomes for each match (to be overwritten with results as they arise).

My efforts to be impartial extend to giving Tranmere a better outcome than I'd like, and I may well have been optimistic with our own hopes. Strangely, Mansfield appear to have plenty fluke results going against them.

Anyway, as it stands I have:

Tranmere 84, Bolton 82, Cheltenham 81;

Forest Green 78, Carlisle 77, Salford 76, Cambridge 75;

Newport 73, Bradford C 72, Exeter 72, Morecambe 72.

Taking into account todays results:

Bolton 82, Cheltenham 81, Tranmere 81;

Forest Green 80, Cambridge 77, Carlisle 76, Salford 74 / Morecambe 74;

Newport 73, Bradford C 72, Exeter 72.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Taking into account todays results:

Bolton 82, Cheltenham 81, Tranmere 81;

Forest Green 80, Cambridge 77, Carlisle 76, Salford 74 / Morecambe 74;

Newport 73, Bradford C 72, Exeter 72.

 

Now those are the types of predictions I like 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

I take today as 2 points lost , same with Morecambe with those 4 points I think we would be odds on for promotion. We are 9/2 for promotion now still a big ask. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ani said:

I take today as 2 points lost , same with Morecambe with those 4 points I think we would be odds on for promotion. We are 9/2 for promotion now still a big ask. 

We just scored two last minute winners on consecutive Saturdays to give us an extra 4 points, swings and roundabouts fella.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ani said:

I take today as 2 points lost , same with Morecambe with those 4 points I think we would be odds on for promotion. We are 9/2 for promotion now still a big ask. 

9/2 with 14 games left, if we keep up this current form we will piss it, looking at our squad cannot see us not keeping up current form, think we’re a league 1 team in league 2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

9/2 with 14 games left, if we keep up this current form we will piss it, looking at our squad cannot see us not keeping up current form, think we’re a league 1 team in league 2. 

Spot on

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

We just scored two last minute winners on consecutive Saturdays to give us an extra 4 points, swings and roundabouts fella.

I know you are right but we were by far the better team in both the games were dropped points. I think we were better team in the games we won, plus the two I mentioned were against promotion rivals. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

9/2 with 14 games left, if we keep up this current form we will piss it, looking at our squad cannot see us not keeping up current form, think we’re a league 1 team in league 2. 

Get the Mounts millions on it then. 😁 I think we are over priced but refuse to bet on Bolton ever  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ani said:

I know you are right but we were by far the better team in both the games were dropped points. I think we were better team in the games we won, plus the two I mentioned were against promotion rivals. 

The thing is, you can crucify yourself with that stuff, 2 months ago we would have been in dreamland to be were we are now, and with 13 games to go.... ITS ON!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.