Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Howfen

athywhite1958

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Horwich said:

He shouldn’t have been fucking around in WH town centre during a lockdown. Serves him reet.

You’re not gonna stabbed in your bedroom playing fifa.

Fucking hell. He may have been walking past others who happened to be brawling.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Horwich said:

And he might not have been. I reckon I will be closer.

I reckon you may well be but “serves him reet” is a bit shitty. I’m sure he’s not the only person paying scant regard to the current rules. Should they all be stabbed?

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I reckon you may well be but “serves him reet” is a bit shitty. I’m sure he’s not the only person paying scant regard to the current rules. Should they all be stabbed?

Yes. It might stop em going out 👍

Edited by Horwich

49 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Happened just down the road from me.  I've seen several mentions of kids from Deane and elsewhere coming into the town for some reason.  Going out with a knife on you is the kind of thing that happens in London or Farnworth, not Howfen.

Fuck off why bring Farnworth into it, it can happen anywhere........Council estates in howfen just fuck off !!

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

The lad who got stabbed used to play in the same team as one of my lads. Always came across as a decent kid with a nice family behind him. Last I heard, his life was still in the balance. 

To say it served him right is an absolute fucking cunt of a statement to make.

I am not really arsed what you think. 

I'm going to come across as ancient but as a teenager we'd get mugged in manchester by kids with knives, we knew most other kids in westhoughton, you'd get the odd scrap, I remember some army cadets twats beating my mate up but we knew who they were and the police caught up with em. The idea you're getting scroats with knives doing kids over in westhoughton is nuts

1 hour ago, Judge Fudge said:

The lad who got stabbed used to play in the same team as one of my lads. Always came across as a decent kid with a nice family behind him. Last I heard, his life was still in the balance. 

To say it served him right is an absolute fucking cunt of a statement to make.

100% agree. Especially when you’ve no idea of what the circumstances were, hope this kid pulls through. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, Ghana White said:

I'm going to come across as ancient but as a teenager we'd get mugged in manchester by kids with knives, we knew most other kids in westhoughton, you'd get the odd scrap, I remember some army cadets twats beating my mate up but we knew who they were and the police caught up with em. The idea you're getting scroats with knives doing kids over in westhoughton is nuts

It is frightening the level of violence nowadays, we used to fight with rival towns, during the power cuts of the 70's was a popular time, but weapons weren't used as matter of course

2 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Fuck off why bring Farnworth into it, it can happen anywhere........Council estates in howfen just fuck off !!

Erm woosh!

Latest reports suggesting it was 2 lads approached by a larger group who tried to rob them and did the stabbing when they resisted.

That could happen to any of us.  Here's hoping he makes a full recovery.