Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Scunthorpe.

leigh white

3 minutes ago, Traf said:

I don't think either of Maddison or Dapo are yet fit enough to see a 90 out, especially on the pitches we've been playing on.

MM has hardly played any full games for ages and Dapo hasn't really played "men's football". 

He's played close to 50 times in the Conference, and had two loan spells in the EFL. That's plenty enough in my opinion.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Historic win for us ra ra ra ……….

Division One here we come now that the players have finally bought into Evattino’s football philosophy.

Champions league tonight for proper soccer lads like your good self.

Bet you’re already winding up Madrid fans from Nigeria on Twitter already.

4 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He's played close to 50 times in the Conference, and had two loan spells in the EFL. That's plenty enough in my opinion.

That was 3 yrs ago, though. Since then he's not played much men's football.

10 games at Oldham, but 6 were from the bench
6 at Mansfield and 4 for us?

57 minutes ago, Traf said:

That was 3 yrs ago, though. Since then he's not played much men's football.

10 games at Oldham, but 6 were from the bench
6 at Mansfield and 4 for us?

I don't think there'd be any issue with him playing ninety minutes on the grounds that he's not played much senior football. He's 23 with over 50 senior appearances to his name.

Fitness maybe, but then he's presumably been playing regular football all season so I think he should be fine on that score.

It wasn't necdssarily about him and MM getting nintey minutes as such, more that I don't think them trying hard to impress knowing they only have an hour of football to do so is particulaely helpful for either.

3 hours ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Games coming thick and fast at the moment.  Wouldn’t surprise me to see Lee rested either tonight or Saturday. MM not playing 90 mins twice a week either.

I imagine Evatt would love us to be comfortably up and able to rest Lee after 60 minutes. 
The fact we have a squad that means the forwards can be rotated has to be massively in our favour, Miller scoring shows Doyle does not have to be 90 minutes every game, but I would still be starting him. 

43 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I don't think there'd be any issue with him playing ninety minutes on the grounds that he's not played much senior football. He's 23 with over 50 senior appearances to his name.

Fitness maybe, but then he's presumably been playing regular football all season so I think he should be fine on that score.

It was fitness I referred to.

6 hours ago, Traf said:

I don't think either of Maddison or Dapo are yet fit enough to see a 90 out, especially on the pitches we've been playing on.

MM has hardly played any full games for ages and Dapo hasn't really played "men's football". 

Agree on MM, he looks spent after 15 minutes, surely better as an impact sub (and I don't mean the impact v Morecambe).

Dapo isnt a kid, he's 23 - plenty England internationals that ages.  Played over 60 games in men's football in national league/league 2.  Looks fit as a fiddle, for me he gets taken off because Arthur has to come on because he's our best attacking threat.  Shouldn't be dropped and it would be criminal to leave him on the bench for longer than an hour. 

Arthur doesn't have to replace a winger for me, can play anywhere in front 4, but that's upto IE.

• Site Supporter

This deposit debate; for me he seems pretty fit. If he could get his head up a bit more and use the ball a bit better, he may be able to save himself some work, and certainly not get so much close attention from defenders.

Experience needed, but he only gets that from playing.