Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Scunthorpe.

leigh white

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Thomason's gonna look like Zidane in non-league next season.

Was going to say something similar.

Presumably Lee will be available for Saturday, so should IE feel the need, he could rotate again.

Also need a comment about that penalty. By the fuck didn't he give it some tap.

7 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Who'd have thought after the first few games that Santos and Baptiste would be such rocks? Tremendous the pair of them again.

Fair's fair, I thought Baptiste was a terrible signing.

But he's made me eat my words.

Hats off to both him and Santos, keep it going lads.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mantra said:

I think we may actually be champions elect, undefeated to the end of the season. No need to touch wood, we're fucking incredible at football and all these tinpot clubs will melt against us. COYW

Please don't let the players see this :)

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

First time MJ has looked slow and weak tonight.

Really?? I thought he was fantastic and MOM. 

Unless your are talking about the last 5 mins, which is pretty understandable seeing the work he’s put in Tue/Sat last 3 weeks

6 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Who'd have thought after the first few games that Santos and Baptiste would be such rocks? Tremendous the pair of them again.

They have been virtually faultless for half a dozen games now (that I've seen).  Nothing against Taft but he looked a level below them tonight.  I'd still rather we had a defender on the bench though, they both went down half injured in the first half and if they'd gone off its a different game.

1 minute ago, gregbwfc said:

Indeed. I thought the pair of them were terrible signings at first.

Playing as a pair though, rather than two of a three has definitely helped them.

24 minutes ago, Spider said:

Best check how hugemongo is

This won’t be a popular result at his place

Him, the riddler and a couple of others huddled in a corner telling us Doyle, Sarce & MJ Williams are shit, Evatt is clueless and muttering darkly about the failure to bring in a big lump up front in January and saying its only Scunny only Sarfend only Stevenage over and over again

12 minutes ago, glennboltw said:

From the first minute I felt relaxed watching that knowing we was going to win, not had that feeling for years. 

I know exactly what you mean.  I think I felt the same when we saw how bad Southend were in the home game, so probably the 2nd time for me.  Arguably the only 2 home games when we've clearly been the better side, although we've edged 2 or 3 others.  And been 2nd best in far too many.

25 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

About 2 1/2 months ago.

Strangely against pretty much the same teams.

Think we are much better now. Hopefully go on to prove it against the top teams now and it wont all go to rat shit this time. Im pretty sure it wont from what ive seen of us lately 

I cannot see us finishing outside of the playoffs now . Then it is a lottery.

September and October we reached our lowest point footballing wise in our history. Andersons tenure was horrendous as was the opening day fixture 18 months ago when players refused to travel.

I am comfortable in both the owners and the present management team and yes Evatt made some awful errors in the first few months of the season with obviously the goalkeeping situation and that awful system he played week in week out.

The goalkeeping situation is not resolved but they are keeping this Jenson underwraps for a reason.

This squad is only going to get better and if we dont go up this year i would take this team on the opening day of next season.

Crowds will soon be back in the stadium and tonight i am beginning to think our climb back is well and truly underway.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, desperado said:

Unless your are talking about the last 5 mins, which is pretty understandable seeing the work he’s put in Tue/Sat last 3 weeks

Think you've misread his post like a couple of others did. Consensus is he was MOTM

8 minutes ago, gregbwfc said:

I was the same but he has become a real integral part of the team... Should have put his laces through it rather than back heeled though 🙂

10 minutes ago, desperado said:

I meant that incident was the first time tonight he'd looked off the pace.  Before that, superb tackling, interceptions and passing.