Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Scunthorpe.

leigh white

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I meant that incident was the first time tonight he'd looked off the pace.  Before that, superb tackling, interceptions and passing.

Ah right sorry, yes I misread it.

There really wasn’t a poor performance out there today.

Charge well and truly on 👏

Santos deserves player of the season. He's been immense. 

Thought that was probably the most comfortable win of the season. This league really is shite if they have won 4 on the spin. 

We just looked comfortable. Much better in possession. 

Switching from a 3 to a 4 at the back has been the most important thing we've done .

Back four and two holding, with the injection of quality, has been the making of Baptiste and Santos, and Jones too, who's been really solid and tidy last few games. John obviously at least next level up and has added reassurance on that side.

I wouldn't mind seeing Thomason's stats for tonight, a couple of ragged, tired passes late on, but for 80 minutes his pass percentages must have been off the scale. Many of those were in tight, pressurised areas but he never stops wanting it and shows no fear. Having a little rest last week maybe did him some good, his energy levels were great tonight

2 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Great tempo first half, but only scoring 1 did leave me feeling nervy until the second went in.

hats off to all players today, worked tirelessly closing down and a very professional performance.

agree about Baptiste, he has made me eat my words - so hats off

we finally got a penalty as well !

Very nervous until that second went in. We are exceptional in the first half; their change in tactics put us on the back foot until the substitutions. Williams MOTM again and many good performances including all of the back 4, Thomason and Isgrove. Sarc did well when he came on.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Some thoughts on reflection.......good luck to anyone saving that penalty !!

A Scunt player charges into & flattens another Scunt player.......free kick to Scunt !!

Sarcevic should be starting on Saurday

& what the fuck did Madison look like ? He's trying too hard.

Only brief, but Madison looked sharp, nearly worked an opening for a third.

It was pointed out him being late up (early hours of last Wednesday morning) before a game tweeting.

I can imagine him, swilling bourbon from the bottle, with a fag, hammering some lady and typing out messages.

Then dragging his hung over arse out of bed, grabbing any left and right shoe out of his stash and slinging them into a bag. Like a scene from Californication.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

I've only just realised/remembered we've got blue sleeves. How the fuck have I missed that?

Did you miss the shenanigans on Saturday when the ref waited until ko time to tell about three of our players that their under armour has to be the same colour as the sleeves, not the shirt?

Just now, MickyD said:

Did you miss the shenanigans on Saturday when the ref waited until ko time to tell about three of our players that their under armour has to be the same colour as the sleeves, not the shirt?

Ha. Tits.

Only game I've seen all season is the Salford one on Sky. I ain't paying for that iFollow shite

5 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Watching MOTD in the 60s was fun on the telly in my youth.